Leaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand...

This is SWA mgmt negotiating with two groups they need to keep "on the team"...I personally believe they are dead set against arbitration (and a possible AMWest/USAIR scenario), they are trying to get two groups with competing goals to agree so that they can go forward with strategic plans...

AIP1 was the better deal for AAI (CP seat locks forever essentially, cannot be bumped from a SWA CP seat unless there are system wide CP downgrades), 1:1 furlough protection, quicker SWA Pay (717 included), longevity pay increases for the senior (stapled AAI FOs) etc...

You may not think AIP1 was as a good deal as the new deal, especially in light of the rumored seniority gain for AAI pilots, but I believe in the long run AAI pilots will not get as much financial gains as they would have in AIP1 (loss of CP seats)...but it seems that seniority trumped $$ in the minds of many AAI posters here and of course our DAL and AL guest posters...

Yep. MEC voted 8-0 to send out for vote. Of course, several reps still have some sense of pride/respect and have been in the lounge recommending NO votes. Today's vote really doesn't mean much. We'll see!

LOL! They just have the appearance of being confused. So am I for that matter. :)

I thought there was an agreement by the MEC to bring it to a membership vote anyways.

Yep. MEC voted 8-0 to send out for vote. Of course, several reps still have some sense of pride/respect and have been in the lounge recommending NO votes. Today's vote really doesn't mean much. We'll see!

Latest resources

Back