• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
His seeming sense of urgency and haste has me...concerned.

The obvious lack of coordination between him and the BPR is...most unsettling.

No doubt when Parker makes an "announcement" it will be like a fire bell and red light at V1.. we will have well trained pilots go into panic mode, stomping on rudders, yanking the wrong engine to idle, and pulling the wrong fire handle before confirmation with his fellow pilot.

Everyone needs to wind the clock and take a sip of coffee. Parker and his cronies have been hiding all their efforts for years, are hiding info now behind a NDA, and no doubt he will distract lots of pilots with good rates but have hundreds of mgmnt goodies hiding in the fine print.

I am afraid folks will react and make irrational decisions supporting the coming MOU before they even have a chance to evaluate it. The APA pilots had the courage and mettle to push back on TAs even in bankruptcy, and benefited greatly by stuffing the first offers back at mngmnt.

Can the rest of the pilots be as deliberate now and ignore the panic pace that Parker will propose? I sure hope so. We have patiently waited for years to get to the point were we move forward, no sense in jumping blindly in a panic now.

Last edited:
Turtle,
I don't necessarily disagree but we must also accurately identify our position. This will be a last shot. Not saying endorse it no matter what but make no mistake we'll be along for an uncomfortable ride if our expectations are not kept in check.

Here's to hoping this works out for all.

Sent from cyberspace using apple technology

Turtle,
I don't necessarily disagree but we must also accurately identify our position. This will be a last shot. Not saying endorse it no matter what but make no mistake we'll be along for an uncomfortable ride if our expectations are not kept in check.

I have never seen our pilot group screw anything up due to saying "no" because we were holding out for better expectations. On the other hand I have seen plenty of times when we have rushed to say "yes" only to find out we didn't really know what was included in "yes", even though it was evident our "dear leaders" did and got paid off to rush/push us into the deal, while they hid the poke behind their backs with a smile on their face. Not that there is anything wrong with being deceitful in politics. :D Buyer beware.

"We are negotiating," said Tom Hoban, spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association, which represents American Airlines pilots. "Everybody is at the bargaining table (in Dallas).

"The goal of the four-party talks is to reach a interim agreement between both pilot groups and their respective management teams," he said. "Without that interim agreement, there is chance that a consensual merger while inside bankruptcy would be in jeopardy."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/1179...-to-set-up-merger.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

I find this comment interesting. "interim agreement between both pilot groups and their respective management teams"....hmmm... is that distinct, separate agreements, before a joint agreement?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1179...-to-set-up-merger.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

I find this comment interesting. "interim agreement between both pilot groups and their respective management teams"....hmmm... is that distinct, separate agreements, before a joint agreement?

Turtle,
Put away the psychotropics. There are no black helicopters outside your window. The quoted is speaking about a transition agreement of sorts. It will govern while we get a JCBA in place. You east guys kill me with your conspiracy theories. Par for the course I suppose.

Turtle,
Put away the psychotropics. There are no black helicopters outside your window. The quoted is speaking about a transition agreement of sorts. It will govern while we get a JCBA in place. You east guys kill me with your conspiracy theories. Par for the course I suppose.

Gee, it was a simple question. How do you have an agreement of sorts between each pilot group and their respective management teams, unless its basically a TA for each side, of sorts. :D

Turtle,

Well said

The USTUPID idiot machine never stops. With all the lawyers joining the presentation to the Board of Pilot Retards...including the UCC legal team, I have to wonder if Parker is ready to finally get a back bone.

The BPR would do well to remember the mob Prater caused.

What is this supposed to mean? Is that a threat of some kind? Going to run off and start yet ANOTHER fake labor union if Hummer doesn't tell you what you want to hear? Here's a little tip. USAPA is dead. Your fake union is 100% along for the ride. Their "participation" at the bargaining table is just window dressing. I'm guessing they are sitting at a fold up card table in the other room actually.

I love how delusional the average Easthole is....you truly believe you're " in charge". HA!!!

Latest resources

Back