• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest with XJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Continental cant afford to let XJT go into bankruptcy. That would cripple CAL's domestic feed and no other regional can replace that flying in the event of XJT going TU. I think CAL wants XJT bought so they wont have to.

That may be true but Skywest isn't running a charity and XJT is looking at staggering losses. I don't think CAL wants to dramatically expand the regional operation so where's the carrot? It sounds like a very expensive insurance policy.

The only option I can think of is that Skywest takes it for free essentially, runs it through bankruptcy, dumps the 50 seaters and inks new larger aircraft out of the deal.

Wait, I thought that ALPA was in the middle of things and was going to make sure nothing bad happens to any of the XJet folks.

Are you guys saying that ALPA isn't going to make things right?

The only option I can think of is that Skywest takes it for free essentially, runs it through bankruptcy, dumps the 50 seaters and inks new larger aircraft out of the deal.

That sounds cute and all but there is this thing with CAL called Scope, you do know about that right? :cool:

Wait, I thought that ALPA was in the middle of things and was going to make sure nothing bad happens to any of the XJet folks.

Are you guys saying that ALPA isn't going to make things right?

Absolutely not worth discussing with you after those comments :rolleyes:. After all it appears you have already made your mind up on ALPA.

Last edited:
Absolutely not worth discussing with you after those comments :rolleyes:. After all it appears you have already made your mind up on ALPA.

Maybe you missed the sarcasm in my remarks.

However, I have had 2 Xjet jumpseaters in as many days and both indicated that they are confident everything will turn out fine. . . Because ALPA was in the middle of all discussions regarding SKYW XJET and CAL and wouldn't allow anything that could be detrimental to the XJet guys.

Listen, I am not looking forward to any of the carnage which may ensue with Eagle, Mesa, or XJet. I understand that crews have families (like I do) to feed, and bills to pay. I also know that when we all got into this industry, it was a crap shoot as to which carriers would be successful and which ones would not.

BUT, I find it naive to think that ALPA is a savior to the employees of a company who's balance sheet isn't all that rosy.

Maybe you missed the sarcasm in my remarks.

However, I have had 2 Xjet jumpseaters in as many days and both indicated that they are confident everything will turn out fine. . . Because ALPA was in the middle of all discussions regarding SKYW XJET and CAL and wouldn't allow anything that could be detrimental to the XJet guys.

Listen, I am not looking forward to any of the carnage which may ensue with Eagle, Mesa, or XJet. I understand that crews have families (like I do) to feed, and bills to pay. I also know that when we all got into this industry, it was a crap shoot as to which carriers would be successful and which ones would not.

BUT, I find it naive to think that ALPA is a savior to the employees of a company who's balance sheet isn't all that rosy.

Last i checked ALPA has nothing to do with the companies balance sheet :confused: . ALPA IS going to do its job to protect the XJT pilots in regards to their CONTRACT. Right now they have protections in their scope language that protects them against what SkyWest INC is attempting to do.

There is nothing acceptable about SKywest INC buying XJT making those pilots Skywest INC pilots onto furlough them and turn around and "OFFER" preferential Interviews to do the same job in the same airplanes for 1st year pay rates at skywest another SkyWest INC company.

Have you ever considered that SKYW will begin flying for Continental under a CPA with Continental without regard to whether or not SKYW closes a deal with XJT?

Are you sure about that? Was there ANOTHER letter sent out by CAL's people to XJT's management? The original said that a CPA with SkyWest was CONTINGENT on the buyout of XJT, it SPECIFICALLY states this.

If SkyWest is going to do as you say, how are they going to accomplish this? So many things could change between now and when CAL can pull the 51 airframes from XJT in December of 2009.

I guess CAL could can the CPA with XJT, but that wouldn't do them any good, and I guess they could bring SkyWest on sooner. But that goes against everything CAL has said they want regarding slimming down their regional feed.

Freedom shutdown, Mesa almost gone, Eagle possible furloughs, TSA downgrades and furloughs, Expressjet(fill in the blank)...... ALPA come save me like you always do!!!!!!!!

who wants to work for a scab airline like skyworst after workin for an awesome airline like xjt.
those guys at skyworst are brain washed thinkin they have it real good but in reality it is just another crap hole like mesa.

I think you should shine your disco balls with some urnge Kool-Aid, cuz you're lookin a little scabby yourself.

We are in the cone of silence because the deal is being made. This source I know has been at the meetings. The source does not know the details yet of everything, but the acquisition will be similar to ASA's buy. The CAL deal was too good to pass for management here.

My best wishes to all Xpress Jet pilot group. It is tough times for you all. I was in IAH on the BRO when it shutdown, not fun at all to relocate family and stuff.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back