• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest with XJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No it wouldn't. SkyWest Airlines is a product of SkyWest Inc. ASA is also a product of SkyWest Inc. If things go down as it has been discussed, SkyWest Airlines will have never furloughed a pilot due to the wise business decisions of SkyWest Airlines management. Xjet may furlough, but it will ultimately be due to the poor business decisions of Xjet management. Those decisions may be made by SkyWest Inc., but Inc. may make those decisions only because Xjet management is too stupid to do it. They would rather dig their own graves than admit they made poor business decisions.

But it would mean that Skywest Inc will have furloughed pilots for the first time in its history. I don't know why you take it so personal. I said I was just giving you a hard time.

...it may have been a matter of his personal pride to keep those airplanes and NOT about "doing the right thing by the pilots". I could be wrong on that...but I'm not when I say that your Negotiating committee and your pilot group's unity are more responsible for your great contract than your management team. When I was there...Ream and company where not in the pilot groups good graces.

I think you mention it on another thread but JR envisioned an independent airline. Obviously the IPO and the resulting CPA didn't really create an independent airline. When Branded was announced, JR said that it was something they had been looking to do for years. Maybe this is what he was talking about way back then.

He could have asked for concession when CAL made the announcement and he could have asked again when XJT lost the arbitration to CAL but he didn't. I think that says a lot.

...it may have been a matter of his personal pride to keep those airplanes and NOT about "doing the right thing by the pilots". I could be wrong on that...but I'm not when I say that your Negotiating committee and your pilot group's unity are more responsible for your great contract than your management team. When I was there...Ream and company where not in the pilot groups good graces.

I think you mention it on another thread but JR envisioned an independent airline. Obviously the IPO and the resulting CPA didn't really create an independent airline. When Branded was announced, JR said that it was something they had been looking to do for years. Maybe this is what he was talking about way back then.

He could have asked for concession when CAL made the announcement and he could have asked again when XJT lost the arbitration to CAL but he didn't. I think that says a lot.

I can't speak for any other SKYW guy or gal, but I didn't want ALPA. Another union, yes. One with bargaining power, yes. I do think a lot of our pilots were smart and voted as such. You can't have the same union as your major partner. It just doesn't make sense. We all know ALPA is a business. They know they can get more dues from a higher paid mainline pilot, so where do you think the favoritism lies when it comes to scope or just about anything else. And I know a lot of you ALPA chest pounders were only in the fight for our 2,800 pilot strong group; licking your chops for those dues. Now if there was a RALPA or something similiar, you would have seen a different outcome. Just my .02...........

I don't think you understand how ALPA works. As for scope, being a regional pilot myself, I want the mainline to hold the line on scope. Hell, I would like all mainlines to do what the APA is doing, take back ALL jet flying. It shouldn't be contradictory to any regional pilot to want the mainline to do all jet flying.

I think its funny how you spend too much time on this forum. I think your avatar is funny, and I think you look funny.

Last edited:
I think that says a lot.

You are right, it does. I just don't remember any talk of an independent airline during the run-up to the IPO. I was on furlough when the IPO actually went down. I do know the little clause in the IPO SEC filing about a "work action" giving CAL the right to take our airplanes was giving the pilot group bad heartburn(and rightly so). Honestly, after I got furloughed, I basically went to the crackpipe(calforums.com) to find out what was going on. It was not a good source of information, and I visited less and less as the months dragged on. It sounds to me like ExpressJet is a MUCH different company now. That's good. I hated Ream after the "we'll help you pack your s**t statement. I never really forgave him for that. I guess first impressions are a bugger.

From what I heard this week, the deal is dead. The XJT board came back to Skywest to negotiate, and were told that Skywest is no longer interested. They've gone to plan B, whatever that is.

If the deal doesn't go through is xjet still going to have to furlough?

A friend of mine at XJT says they've been told that 700 furloughees if Skywest buys them or 300 furloughees if they don't get bought but there's the possibility of bankruptcy. Either way there's going to be furloughs.

Latest resources

Back