• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just got my final recall notice today via Fedex. Don't know how many they are sending out, I was a June 25, 2000 new hire.

No, I am going to stay here at AirTran. I'm in upgrade now and at this point of my life seniority is everything. I couldn't see going to the bottom of an 8,000 plus list again. I would go back to year 2 pay (49 something an hour). Most of the UAL furloughees here at AirTran are staying, at least as far as I know.

I have talked to 2 of my other friends(UAL furloughs) that left UAL as well. One moved on to the construction side of things and the other started only to quit after his first week back. He is now flying a Gulfstream.

Back in 2000, if anybody would have told me that someday I'd give up my UAL number, I'd have thought they were nuts. Good luck to all of you guys over there. I guess I am gonna have to retire my screen-name and return as something else.

Just got my final recall notice yesterday for the 4 Jun class also (6/18/00 hire). Assignments will be half ORD, half IAD...split 60% A320 and 40% 300. Six more months of year 2 pay at 50.37, then bump up to 74.95 next spring, and 80.76 the following spring. Pay's not fantastic; but the 401K is attractive. Tough decision.....still debating.

Just got my final recall notice yesterday for the 4 Jun class also (6/18/00 hire). Assignments will be half ORD, half IAD...split 60% A320 and 40% 300. Six more months of year 2 pay at 50.37, then bump up to 74.95 next spring, and 80.76 the following spring. Pay's not fantastic; but the 401K is attractive. Tough decision.....still debating.

C'mon...take it!!!

I need to hold out until at least the end of June.

3/20/00 hire.

GP

Is there a minimum amount of time that the contract provides us between date of final recall notice and class date?

GP

30 days is the min time for the letters to be sent out prior to class start date. In this case, the final letters were sent out at the very minimum notification time...4 May for the 4 Jun class.

C'mon...take it!!!

I need to hold out until at least the end of June.

3/20/00 hire.

GP

This was just posted on the UAL MEC board:

A friend of mine called today saying that his packet has been mailed out but he hasn't received it just yet. He is a Feb 28, 2000 hire with about a 7600 number and he is lined up for a July 9th class I believe. He hopes anyway. They are having trouble filling the June class from what I hear.

Sounds like 9 July is your do or die class.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back