• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SSC brought up safety concerns of putting recallees directly into international ops to Capt Krakowski. He referred to DENTK, and the result is that LOA 01-05 will be applied to recallees.

Cool. I guess that I won't have to worry about being tagged for international flights for a while after I return.
When I was reserve on the Bus in LA, I used to get the crappy LAX-San Salvador trips. 3 days away from base, 2 flights at about 5 hrs each and a 30-some hour layover. Funny, they didn't worry about me having 250 hours in the Bus before flying those flights.

For the 5 Feb class, this was on the UAL MEC board:

For those in the Feb 5th class wondering about assigments, etc.....

Here's the latest and greatest as of today (Jan 4th), straight from Bob Neil:

Latest assortment of aircraft and domiciles:

6 DCA 767 F/O
15 DCA 320 F/O
9 ORD 300 F/O

Expectation is that the awards/assignments will be official on Jan 12th. I'm #8501, and reportedly in the "top half" of the class. All of this per Bob.

So is it still looking like hiring is possible in 07?

So is it still looking like hiring is possible in 07?

As of the end of Feb class, all furloughees had been offered recall. There remains ~850 pilots who have deferred and have one last shot at recall.
Current recalls are running in the 50/mo range. I computed that ~200 of the deferred pilots will return, depleting the furlough list by 4 July.
Depending on how slow UAL is to fire up the hiring machine, we could see newhire classes as early as August, assuming that my estimates on returning pilots is correct.

what sen. number do they have to go up to to reach the top of the list?

I've never seen it published for the most senior pilot who bypassed.
There were 2172 furloughed; 8655 on the seniority list. Assuming that the most senior furloughee bypassed, the number would be 8655-2172 = 6483.

Edit: correction. I found a sheet indicating that 6507 was the most senior to be on bypass as of 11/10/06.

Last edited:
The SSC brought up safety concerns of putting recallees directly into international ops to Capt Krakowski. He referred to DENTK, and the result is that LOA 01-05 will be applied to recallees.

OK, I gotta throw it out there. For those of us involved with military operations, when we return to UAL international ops we aren't wearing armor, helmets, NVGs and landing on blacked out runways with people shooting at us. I can see how we need the protection of the LOA.

Last edited:
Andy,
Are there any discussions about eliminating the freezes of the Leave of Absence folks, due to the fact that so many 767's are going so junior?

Also, any more word on the future of the 737 at UAL?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back