Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Daniel Dumpster?

mckpickle said:
YOUR FUNNY. I humbly will try to respond to a 747-400 pilot. Which I find rather amusing since if you did go to Daniel Dumpster I highly doubt you are.

And just so you know my almna Mata (you get the idea) is the same as yours.

Dumpster huh? You make us as proud to have you as an alumni, as your airline does to have you as a pilot, I'm sure.

Yes, I fly the 74. Isn't that hard really. Not everyone is as big of a dope as you:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well I was just wondering because DWC has only been know as DWC since about 85. Before that I think it was called New England School of AeroNautics. You have certainly done well then to be a 747-400 captain by then. So tell me, what is it exactly that makes me a dope?

Well this has gone down to a new level. Why do I have the feeling you are sitting in your dorm room writing this?

The problem I have with them just getting a pref interview is that a precedent was set with Commutair, where these guys went to PLB to make sure everything looked good and where on there way to 1900 class. If they had rough interview where they were racked over the coals and then dismissed, well then I would have a different perspective. However, the fact is Commutair worked with all parties to make things as agreeable as they could be. That is the standard we should be working from.

Many of you guys seem to think that Skywest has a superior corporate culture that cannot just take anybody. You know what blow that out your arse and put it where it belongs. I think that anybody that survives the entire process of getting a 121 job (outside of Gulfstream that is) and then passing training/IOE will do just fine at any airline. You have to remember some of the furloughed could be CAL pilots who have probably been through two airlines just to get to CAL. Are you saying these guys should face an interview because they might not be Skywest worthy? Well heck then our flowbacks should of faced interviews at xjet too, because now I'm worried about the damage they are doing to Xjet culture! After all we did just win Regional Airline of the Year! That kind of talk is kool-aid drinking, management BS!

Skywest is just another regional just like Air Willy, ASA, ACA, etc... Each one goes through its own boom/bust times and we as professionals are left to ride the wave. Right now Skywest is benefiting from CAL's desire to put the screws to XJet during contract talks. Someday XJet might through some eloborate DAL codeshare, end up taking your flying out West. Who knows, but for crying out loud all I'm asking (and apparently the MEC as well) is for our furloughed people to be FO's in the Brasilia just as they are 1900 FO's at Commutair. Is that really asking too much? And if your answer to that is no and has anything to do with corporate culture then we are done arguing.

Last edited:
beating a dead horse...

Nimtz...

i feel your pain, brother. look at it this way. no one at Skywest thinks that he/she is better than anyone at Xjet, or that our corporate culture is 'better' than anyone else's. if the furloughee's weren't qualified and competent to fly for skywest (or Xjet for that matter), than they wouldn't even have gotten an interview in the first place. i'm sure this is gonna sound trite, but the "job is yours to lose during the interview". they want to hire you. every airline no matter who they are interview pilots. word of mouth just isn't good enough. i've brought this up before, but UAL, DAL, etc... furloughee's that used to be captains here, had to interview again. weren't they qualified? i doubt they were raked over the coals, but i'm sure it'll be the same for Xjet folks. it's a process that everyone here had/has to go through...... just like you did at Xjet when you were first hired.

On the upside of things, it looks as though a bunch of the Xjet guys/gals will get the RJ right off the bat. who knew all these folks wanted IAH? -sr.

Nimitz
SkyWest is not worried about your flying to air carrier standards, you have already proven that. We do have a unique relationship with management that we want to preserve. That is why the reason for the interviews. Every airline is a bit different in its culture. I fit in here fine, however I might not be a good fit at XJET. Going through your interview process might have showed that. It might have been you or one of the XJET posters that said we would get only a lukewarm welcome, or words to that effect. For all I know, thats could be true. The last thing I want working for SkyWest is a bunch of people who are torqued off at, and harbor resentment twords SkyWest. We have our one percent here that made it past the interview when perhaps they shouldn't have, but all in all, its a good group of pilots. The interview process works and hopefully we will give it a try.

Hey,
I have flown with a few of the above mentioned 1%, and it was a real pain in the arse. That is the reason for the interview, selection of suitable people, not superior pilots with personalities of Draino. Mcpickle do us all a favor and stay home and get a job at Lowes while you wait for your "flying" to come back. We are not superior, arrogant, overbearing a-holes, just pilots who want to have a good pleasant time at work, that is why we as a group want you to interview with a line captain.
Remember it is us(pilots) against them(mgmt.) As as long as we are divided the can conquer us.(like they are doing now)
Later
PBR

Its official--

Meet and Greet is how it will go down. thanks for the flying, welcome onboard.

Latest resources

Back