• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest DL rumors and upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have Captains that make only 200k? Surely you were talking about FOs right?

Uhhhhhh, $195 an hour (12th year Capt rate on 717 starting Jan 1st) is the lowest Capt rate at Delta (starting Jan 1st), and the smallest plane in the fleet. Some people fly the max, some people bid reserve and fly min. Throw in 4-5 weeks of vacation, training, and let's say 75 hours per month. At $195 an hour times 75 times 12 months, you'd get about $175K. Then throw in 16% of your W2 as a profit sharing bonus this year (probably more next year with lower oil prices), which would be $28K, and you'd make $203K. Let's say you flew 80 hours. At 80 hours you'd make $187,200, plus $30K for the 16% bonus, and you'd make about $217K. That's on the smallest plane with the lowest Capt rate (as of Jan 1st), flying 80 hours per month. Not bad.

And, the next contract is being discussed, and RA so far has never gone past the ammendable date. The last contract was for almost 20% raise for a 3 year contract. With $4 Billion in profits this year, and probably more next year due to lower oil, I think it's gonna be a good one .

There are plenty of FOs that make over $200K a year, and that's before the profit sharing bonus. If you stay senior in category, you can swap smaller trips for larger ones, fly trips with credit time that allows you to pick up more time and money, get greenslips (like fly one leg from ATL to JAX, layover 17 hours and one leg back to ATL. A total of 2 hours flying, paid at 10.5 hours (5:15 per day), then doubled for greenslip pay. That turn results in 21 hours of pay at $150 an hour on the 7ER). If you do a couple of those types of trips per month, you're not even close to the 100 hours in 28 days max, but you're paid 130 hours or more. Being a senior FO can pay a lot more than a reserve Capt.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
Is it still special the 148th time you see it :)

Luckily there are many INTL layovers, plus interesting Charters all over the World. And all it takes is a fleet change, and then you get to start over, with new places. Variety or choice is a great thing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The last AE had shown unfilled positions in NYC on practically every narrowbody fleet - there's a whole bucket of unfilled 757/767 vacancies in NYC.

My last trip to Paris (about 18.5 hours, 3 days total, 2 legs, 24 hour layover) paid $2867 (18.5x155 (plus INTL override) and also $2.60 an hour per diem). You still worked harder, I ate better food, you stayed in a La Quinta in Omaha. I saw the Eifel Tower, you stayed next to a water tower. I took a night cruise along the Seine River. You looked insane, down by the river. Big difference Red, and you still lose.

Bye Bye---General Lee

^^^^^^^^
Hilarious!!!!!

Luckily there are many INTL layovers, plus interesting Charters all over the World. And all it takes is a fleet change, and then you get to start over, with new places. Variety or choice is a great thing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And of course you have to factor in this,

4POI5ob.png

I agree.

No matter how bizarre General Lee may be, I think he cranks out some funny retorts on a regular basis most definitely including that one.

The Seine/insane comparison was admittedly hilarious.

Anyone know what the latest DL new hires are getting as far as A/C and base????

3 days and Jenny hasn't chimed in? Holy smokes, what's FI coming to. C'mon Jenny, you can get at least 5 posts on this towards that 30,000th post!

3 days and Jenny hasn't chimed in? Holy smokes, what's FI coming to. C'mon Jenny, you can get at least 5 posts on this towards that 30,000th post!

Shaun,

With your current qualifications, you might want to look at jobs in the C Concourse in ATL, like Baja Fresh lettuce chopper, or Five Guys French Fry maker. You can watch all of those 717s during your smoke breaks. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back