• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest DL rumors and upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yaaaay!!! Delta Maddog upgrades after 15 years!!! Really, is that something to gloat about?

Last edited:
Yaaaay!!! Delta Maddog upgrades after 15 years!!! Really, is that something to gloat about?

Where are AA Md80 upgrades at now? 20 years? The only reason the East side of US is faster is because the East side has kept the Westies from bidding out of PHX. Why are you trying to hide the truth?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Where are AA Md80 upgrades at now? 20 years? The only reason the East side of US is faster is because the East side has kept the Westies from bidding out of PHX. Why are you trying to hide the truth?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your top 717 rate is only 3% higher than AirTrans. On a nearly five year old contract. Did the pay rates come with the jet ?

Kudos General. Kudos.

:D

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, this is certainly and undeniably the case. It is a sad case in history hopefully will never occur again. However, I have no faith that greedy pilots won't try and repeat history. I hope I am wrong and new protections will be in place for maybe a merger between Virgin America and Spirit for a hypothetical example. I agree with you on the case in point.

The upgrades will soon be down to approximately 6 years for all of the big 3. Hopefully history won't be repeated but I'm not holding my breath. The tides have turned in the pilots' favor. We will enjoy a good ride at the big 3 for the foreseeable future.

Your top 717 rate is only 3% higher than AirTrans. On a nearly five year old contract. Did the pay rates come with the jet ?

Kudos General. Kudos.

:D

Jan 1st they go to $195 an hour for 12th year 717 Capt (top scale). That is the smallest mainline plane. Profit sharing will be at least double this year compared to last (maybe more due to lower oil now), so that's an additional 2 months pay at a minimum. Add that to the current 717 rates, and you get a substantially higher pay rate. If you make $200K this year at DL, that's an extra $32K at 16%. If oil goes lower, next year's profit could be near $6 Billion.

That's not bad...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, this is certainly and undeniably the case. It is a sad case in history hopefully will never occur again. However, I have no faith that greedy pilots won't try and repeat history. I hope I am wrong and new protections will be in place for maybe a merger between Virgin America and Spirit for a hypothetical example. I agree with you on the case in point.

The upgrades will soon be down to approximately 6 years for all of the big 3. Hopefully history won't be repeated but I'm not holding my breath. The tides have turned in the pilots' favor. We will enjoy a good ride at the big 3 for the foreseeable future.

I agree. One more thing, make Parker give you some profit sharing. Employees deserve to share in the airline's success during good times, especially since employees, not management usually, suffer more during bad times.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Jan 1st they go to $195 an hour for 12th year 717 Capt (top scale). That is the smallest mainline plane. Profit sharing will be at least double this year compared to last (maybe more due to lower oil now), so that's an additional 2 months pay at a minimum. Add that to the current 717 rates, and you get a substantially higher pay rate. If you make $200K this year at DL, that's an extra $32K at 16%. If oil goes lower, next year's profit could be near $6 Billion.

That's not bad...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dumguy, there's a reason oil is dropping almost as fast as your wife's panties when you leave on a Nigeria 4-day. Plenty of senior 717 FOs I've spoken with are tired of the 4 and 5 leg days with starts at 0900 finishing at 2200. Yuckola. They bid this because they can't hold weekends off on any other equipment. Like junior FO line holder on the west coast being a 2001 hire (isn't that 13-years?) What's a 13-year pilot at SW on the westcoast get you? Something about your "story" doesn't jive.

Dumguy, there's a reason oil is dropping almost as fast as your wife's panties when you leave on a Nigeria 4-day. Plenty of senior 717 FOs I've spoken with are tired of the 4 and 5 leg days with starts at 0900 finishing at 2200. Yuckola. They bid this because they can't hold weekends off on any other equipment. Like junior FO line holder on the west coast being a 2001 hire (isn't that 13-years?) What's a 13-year pilot at SW on the westcoast get you? Something about your "story" doesn't jive.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Most of the 717 trips do not have consecutive 4 or 5 leg days. Nope. Most of the trips in the NOV bid packet have 1-3 the first day of a 4 day trip, a busy day on day 2, a 30 hour layover, and then maybe 1-3 legs the last day. All 4 days will be worth 21 hours minimum in Nov too, and if you actually looked at the trips, you'd see lots of credit time, meaning that he/she is paid 21 hours to work 15 or 16. That's actually great.

And looking at Sep's LAX 7ER FO awards, looks like a 2007 or 2008 hire was given a line (about 10,200 seniority), and an LAX 73N FO (at about 10,500) was also given a line. In August two out of the bottom three FOs got lines, including the third from the bottom getting a 12 day Asia trip. In SEA, the bottom 5 76ER FOs got lines (bottom guy was about 10,400), and in SEP a guy at about 10,200 got a line. That's a 2007 hire.

On the latest entitlement bid, a guy hired directly onto the 75/76 (ER) in March of this year was awarded LAX 7ER. That base has always been senior, but things are changing for the better. And that guy will fly a plane nonstop to Hawaii (Honolulu, Lihue, Kahalui, and Kona) before you will! Oh yeah, your Hawaii expansion is......on hold...... Whatever!

And I love your "story" about talking to "senior" 717 FOs. The senior ones can easily bid other planes, but some new hires are getting senior but cannot bid off due to the 1 year seat hold for new hires. With 85 new hires a month coming on line (it may go to 100 per month), a senior FO could bid MANY plane types and find weekends off, primarily because new hires are going on to many fleets, including the 7ER. Also, during the slower months, line holders can swap trips (with weekends or partial weekends off), or just drop trips via the pilot swap board. See, you and your "senior 717 FO" story doesn't "jive." You are a waste of time, but I actually enjoy correcting you.

Again Jonny, you're WRONG. Bye now! Wut wut? You're an idiot.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So the way I read the usual responses from the FI cesspool...

Every other airline has awesome schedules for the most junior pilots on property in junior equipment....weekends off...only 1 or two legs a day, all holidays off.....

Yeah right....

Latest resources

Back