• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest DAL/NWA arbitration debates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right, just in time for the fences to drop, and NWA pilots benefitting from Delta retirements whilst NWA's retirements stagnate. Kinda of a heads I win, tails you lose.
You're kidding right?
What numbers are you looking at?

In the next 10 years from today, 1263 NW pilots will hit age 65.

In the 5 years that follow that, 2018 through 2023, 1570 NW pilots hit age 65.

More in the 5 years following the 10 year from today mark, than in the entire period from today through 10 years from today.

Thats 55% of the list in the next 15 years.

24% of the current list in the next 10 years, followed by another 31% in the following 5 years.

Is that your definition of "stagnation"?

Last edited:
Cobra757,

Sounds like the standard stump speech, particularly as the line employees go into representational votes soon. Usually he means what he says. Others on FI can give your some pretty bad horrific quotes from his testimony during the bankruptcy hearings.

Cobra757,

Sounds like the standard stump speech, particularly as the line employees go into representational votes soon. Usually he means what he says. Others on FI can give your some pretty bad horrific quotes from his testimony during the bankruptcy hearings.

Good stuff, Cobra. I thought that I had heard the 74-4 flight was going to be in addition to the 777 flight. IOW 2 flights a day to NRT. Anyone?

You're kidding right?
What numbers are you looking at?

In the next 10 years from today, 1263 NW pilots will hit age 65.

In the 5 years that follow that, 2018 through 2023, 1570 NW pilots hit age 65.

More in the 5 years following the 10 year from today mark, than in the entire period from today through 10 years from today.

Thats 55% of the list in the next 15 years.

24% of the current list in the next 10 years, followed by another 31% in the following 5 years.

Is that your definition of "stagnation"?

Ok fair enough. We retire 3284 in the next 17 years. You want to keep playing these numbers games, or perhaps are retirements equalizing over the time period? Fact is that NWA gets rid of more sooner, and Delta gets rid of more later. Yet NWA wants credit for retirements for about 10 years, and then level field conditions as Delta retirements pick up.

The facts.

Ok fair enough. We retire 3284 in the next 17 years. You want to keep playing these numbers games, or perhaps are retirements equalizing over the time period? Fact is that NWA gets rid of more sooner, and Delta gets rid of more later. Yet NWA wants credit for retirements for about 10 years, and then level field conditions as Delta retirements pick up.

The facts.
Numbers Games???? What???

YOU and other DAL pilots have made SPECIFIC claims that NWA retirements screech to a near halt in 10 years just as DAL retirements are ramping up.

I provide cold, hard, numbers that show that is 100% wrong and I'm accused of playing numbers games?? GMAFB!!

NWA retirements actually ACCELERATE starting in 10 years. Your D@mn right we want credit for the 24% of our list that retires due to age 65(many going before that, but I agree, 65 is all that can be officially counted). DALPA's proposal seeks to nullify that attrition.

Really hilarious how you guys spout BS as fact and then divert and deflect when called on it.

Last edited:
3390-3284=106

What were the pull out numbers given as an example in the testimony again?

Now we're getting somewhere.
What was that claim you made again?
Right, just in time for the fences to drop, and NWA pilots benefitting from Delta retirements whilst NWA's retirements stagnate. Kinda of a heads I win, tails you lose
Where were you "getting to" again?

What was that claim you made again?
Where were you "getting to" again?

I was getting to the fact that NWA proposed a dynamic list for some period of time which ironically would become static as Delta retirements are on the rise. Thus NWA enjoys the peak time for NWA pilots and Delta pilots are left in the cold. Yet when Delta catches up in the retirement department, the dynamic stops and NWA gets to enjoy Delta peak retirements as well. Interesting.

Meanwhile, Delta pilots devise a program at the request of the arbitrator which takes into account a retirements at NWA and effectively changes a dynamic list into static somewhat. I believe they used an example of low 100s for the pull out number. Interesting. It also subverts some other things NWA was attempting to sneak past.

Regardless, we just had a substantial AE out, and I need to go look at that.

Good stuff, Cobra. I thought that I had heard the 74-4 flight was going to be in addition to the 777 flight. IOW 2 flights a day to NRT. Anyone?
That's what I heard also. With the usual caveats about market conditions.

Latest resources

Back