Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funniest post of the YEAR!!!!!!

Numbers Games???? What???

YOU and other DAL pilots have made SPECIFIC claims that NWA retirements screech to a near halt in 10 years just as DAL retirements are ramping up.

I provide cold, hard, numbers that show that is 100% wrong and I'm accused of playing numbers games?? GMAFB!!

NWA retirements actually ACCELERATE starting in 10 years. Your D@mn right we want credit for the 24% of our list that retires due to age 65(many going before that, but I agree, 65 is all that can be officially counted). DALPA's proposal seeks to nullify that attrition.

Really hilarious how you guys spout BS as fact and then divert and deflect when called on it.

You guys are SOOOO numbers oriented, right? How about the retired guys in your seniority list? How about that A330 flight plan that was MADE UP? How about the furlough numbers your MEC Chair couldn't recall? How about the average number of hours your guys came up with that we supposedly fly, vs your numbers, to skew our higher pay? How about all of the innaccurate numbers your computer model projected for fleet numbers, as of Jan 1st of 2008? You forgot in those numbers that we had extra 777s coming too, and added phantom 787 jobs that were supposed to be here by July 1st of next year. That is what your Capt on the stand said!!! Ah heck, it's only numbers.....

You guys are full of mistakes, and each one was called out on you at the hearings. Gimmee a break! Funniest post of the year BY A MILE....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Glad you agree

Right, just in time for the fences to drop, and NWA pilots benefitting from Delta retirements whilst NWA's retirements stagnate. Kinda of a heads I win, tails you lose.
The point was that the 10 year fences protect the majority while they are still on the property and "they" don't care what happens after that point. It doesn't affect "their" position or QOL.

I was getting to the fact that NWA proposed a dynamic list for some period of time which ironically would become static as Delta retirements are on the rise. Thus NWA enjoys the peak time for NWA pilots and Delta pilots are left in the cold. Yet when Delta catches up in the retirement department, the dynamic stops and NWA gets to enjoy Delta peak retirements as well. Interesting.

Meanwhile, Delta pilots devise a program at the request of the arbitrator which takes into account a retirements at NWA and effectively changes a dynamic list into static somewhat. I believe they used an example of low 100s for the pull out number. Interesting. It also subverts some other things NWA was attempting to sneak past.

Regardless, we just had a substantial AE out, and I need to go look at that.

I noticed that too. Funny how that works. Must be a timing coincidence.:rolleyes:

Not Really

And these are the people that are representing you? Oh boy!
No...they are not necessarily the ones representing me, THEY are just a very large chunk of our seniority list that would be unaffected should there be a 10 year fence/pull out/put in/or anything else that happens after the 10 yr point. They just don't care much about that horizon.

everyone will benefit from the retirements from both sides regardless of how the SLI is established. Positions may be blocked out for specific sides but EVERYONE moves up a number when someone retires. Plus the DAL side doesnt want to fly any of our aircraft remember? So why should they care if our positions are locked out?

Bottom line is we all will benefit from every retirement regardless of the side that retirement comes from.

On a positive note:

PS. OU is owning Texas Tech right now!! Tech is getting what they deserve after beating my Horns!! :angryfire

Beer + College Football = :beer:

everyone will benefit from the retirements from both sides regardless of how the SLI is established. Positions may be blocked out for specific sides but EVERYONE moves up a number when someone retires. Plus the DAL side doesnt want to fly any of our aircraft remember? So why should they care if our positions are locked out?

Bottom line is we all will benefit from every retirement regardless of the side that retirement comes from.

On a positive note:

PS. OU is owning Texas Tech right now!! Tech is getting what they deserve after beating my Horns!! :angryfire

Beer + College Football = :beer:

Do you really think any of our pilots would want to fly the DC9?(the old version DTW320, I know you are going to say the DC9-88 is the MD88.....riiight) It pays the least, and has no automation, and goes to some interesting cities. IF NWA guys like it, then great, then they can keep flying it. Now, would any DC9 pilot want to fly the MD88? Heck yeah, it is a nice pay raise, and it allows you to fly the advanced version. Does anyone want to drive a Gremlin car too? And wait Super92, aren't you flying the Airbus now? Had enough of that DC9, eh? Exactly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back