• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate being right. I thought it was interesting how abrasive DG was towards us about the call. Kind of like "WELL, we got the horse here, where are your questions?? Come on guys". Kind of like he wanted to throw this in our face to say we are just cry babies and don't know anything. I guess when you come from the regional airlines, that's what you get.

The man is clueless. This is the same individual who sees just how poorly management rates in the eyes of it's employees via the survey, and openly wonders why he can't get more people to attend their nothing new to report, just shucking some more dime on this hotel and free booze All Hands meetings. Here's a hot tip, we don't believe in you DG.

I love how FR was shocked that his employees weren't getting his vision and felt in the dark. I mean, he sends his retread sales team to our long recurrents along with KP for 45 minutes to get free pizza and schmooze with the pilots. Why, in my last recurrent, they almost managed to make slide 2 of their presentation.

And they don't feel dispatch is undermanned? Dear Lord, having paperwork waiting on me when I arrive is the exception rather than the rule, and that's just paperwork and not the CORRECT paperwork. Quite often, I have to call them about our surprise we've got work for you trips since flight aware is more interested in sending me updates than our folks at the Waterview. Don't get me started on our international department.

That was the perfect opportunity to provide some vision and leadership, and instead we had a 45 minute QA before he could catch a flight to who knows where. You could tell that one comment about sitting on a pile of cash was really eating FR up. Perhaps if you actually knew how to communicate with your employees Mr. Reid, you wouldn't have to set up last minute conference calls to quash rumors and answer questions.

Rant over.

DG = Hosni Mubarek.

They even sorta look the same.

You can only dismiss your people as stupid for so long before they get kind of sick of it.

Anyone else notice the two spirited posts on on BB rumor thread that mysteriously disappeared last week? I wonder if they were told ot take them down

Yep, sure did. They were hitting too close to home. The conference call didn't "just happen" for no reason.

I was talking to someone who I got furloughed with with from Flex and for the last two years he has been holding on to this pipe dream that he is going to get "called back." I let that place go as soon as I got my phone call from DS. I hope the rest of the guys that are there don't get a bad deal but it's not looking good.

I was holding out hope of recalls as well. It was a good job. Sounds like there might not be anything to go back to however. BTW... what's up with Bombardier. They have been hiring demo pilots, corporate shuttle pilots, etc. from the street. Why not try to get some furloughed guys to fill those spots? Do the different branches not talk to each other or once you're furloughed you don't exist to Bombardier?

Recall? Or re-hire? There's a big dif.

Hmmm. Let me create a committee and get back to you on that. When I've compiled all the data, I'll present it to you and then you can tell me the reality of the situation and how it affects the operation..

We are down to only one solution for "a better Flex." But, don't hold your breath.

Latest resources

Back