• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
U.P., I don't doubt that they may have paid you for those days, but in my case, they did not. In all fairness, I don't think I had truly earned them. At the time of my layoff in March, I was employed for 1 year, 6 months. If I recall, I had taken 2 weeks vacation after a year. So, if memory serves me correctly, the payroll department just automatically reset the vacation dates around the first of the year, even though I had not "earned" 2 years of benefits. Weird accounting, but it is what it is. I did ask at the time if I would be payed out as what was on the payroll reciept, and was told that the two month severance was to cover all sick and vacation time.
I think Flex as a company did a very fair thing considering the whole situation.

Hung

Fracpilot

Yes I am SO glad those manuals will be in electronic form now. I've been mulling over that since I got hired. It's such a GREAT task for them to have them in electronic format, I don't know how they will ever figure out how to do it and, it will pretty much solve most of the inefficiencies at Flex.

I will be so happy when those expense reports are web based too because the survival of our company depends on it.

I really hope one day I can order grilled tilapia versus broiled too. THAT is what I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on.

The focus group couldn't have picked more easy subjects to work on that any one fool in the office could have fixed in less than a month, yet, we need an entire focus group to "study" these minute problems.

As Dooker says, the "real" problems are still lurking and will ALWAYS be lurking. Those problems are there for company benefit and it will never change so, I guess me hoping for change in those area some day are just a pipe dream.

One thing that is funny to me is why the company can't just impose a 14 hour restriction on the last day? It's there all week while we work; therefore, why not just extend it to the last day? I'll tell you why. Because they don't care about us on the last day because we are no good to them anymore beyond that point. Again, it boils down to them just not caring about our general happiness and morale. They will throw a little money at us every year and its just enough to shut everyone up for about 10 months.

Art, you are just one happy guy at Flex aren't you?
From all furlough guys here, I really hope that one day your voice will be heard, so things will change for the better.

How often do any of us get past 14 on the last day? It has only happened to me three times in three years. The biggest complaint I've heard is that once you're ticketed, they forget about you. So if your flight or connection cancels, they don't respond very well. But most of my experience is that we forget about each other once I'm ticketed.

I swear I'm not unhappy, just frustrated. I almost just wish the carrot wasn't dangled and then my hopes wouldn't ever get so high. I really do like flexjet, just trying to make things better that's all.

Art

You're just an above average FJ hypocrite. You had your chance with the CAB, so quite your whining. Besides, what are you going to "fix" as the JS CP or an 85 ACP? Send me you address and I will send you my next grilled fish and a link to an electronic FOM.

How often do any of us get past 14 on the last day? It has only happened to me three times in three years. The biggest complaint I've heard is that once you're ticketed, they forget about you. So if your flight or connection cancels, they don't respond very well. But most of my experience is that we forget about each other once I'm ticketed.

Just last rotation was "planned" for 15:45min with 3 legs followed by a 2 leg airline arriving DFW at 1115pm. Airline delay got me the OT day. Today flew 3 legs before my partner went home, again 2 leg airline getting to DFW after 10pm with around 15:30 duty. It's only gonna get worse as we get busier. I like to blame ops but they're just as short-staffed and are being forced to fit 5lbs of sand in a 1lb bag. For those on furlough limiting the last day is good for you because it will result in needing more planes/people sooner rather than later. I'm up to 4 forced OT days in the last 5 months which shatters my previous records.

Latest resources

Back