• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like the furlough will be for 9 F/O's, 6 F/E's, and 6 Captains are being displaced to the right seat. Again, anyone thinking of coming here should think twice before you do. As others have stated, Southern and Kaletta are both hiring and Atlas/Polar is scheduled to start up soon. Trust me, this is not a place to hang your hat for the long term, it is a last resort stepping stone at best. That said, this is the best pilot/engineer group I have ever had the pleasure of flying with which is one of the only upsides to life here at Evergreen. Without the crews they have this company would implode fast but, as we all know, management will never realize that until its too late. Its a sad state of affairs around here:bomb:

Is that you J.S.

You got it:D

Dude you need to get that avatar on a couple of T shirts for our next visit to Far Rockaway. I'm sure we'd be the hit of the neighborhood...

Its 9 captains/16 f/o 6 f/e.When you have all your eggs in one basket (AMC) There is no plan B.Any one with less then 10 years,should be concerned.

Part of the problem there is, I am sorry to say, the union contract. It used to be, many years ago, personnel could transfer from one company to another under the Evergreen umbrella freely. However, pilots moving to or from EIA lose their seniority. And please don't say it the company's fault. There is enough fault to go around. I know of one pilot that had worked flying a Lear for Alaska, who while waiting for his IOE, was asked to do a couple of weeks of relief in Afghanistan. He was willing but the union stated he would lose his seniority if he did.

The only aircraft under EIA are the 747's. All other fixed wing aircraft are under either Alaska or McMinnville 135 certificates.

Spoken like a true chief pilot. No matter what airline, they are all the same. It's that damn union. Buy yourself a mirror.

Spoken like a true chief pilot. No matter what airline, they are all the same. It's that damn union. Buy yourself a mirror.

Bumper, I am not a Chief Pilot, but worked on the helicopter side of the fence. I didn't say it was the unions fault or the company's fault. It is how the contract is written. So it is everyone's fault, as everyone accepted it.

Bumper, I am not a Chief Pilot, but worked on the helicopter side of the fence. I didn't say it was the unions fault or the company's fault. It is how the contract is written. So it is everyone's fault, as everyone accepted it.

Who's ever "fault" it is does not really matter at this point. Moral here is at an all time low, if you worked here then you know better than anyone that its the employees out there "on the line" that keep this place functioning. While other carriers are adding aircraft and are posed for massive growth we are shrinking our fleet and putting guys out on the street, 2 weeks before Christmas. The situation is getting desperate and, in the end, no matter who's fault it is we all will suffer. On a side note: are you still with the company?

Who's ever "fault" it is does not really matter at this point. Moral here is at an all time low, if you worked here then you know better than anyone that its the employees out there "on the line" that keep this place functioning. While other carriers are adding aircraft and are posed for massive growth we are shrinking our fleet and putting guys out on the street, 2 weeks before Christmas. The situation is getting desperate and, in the end, no matter who's fault it is we all will suffer. On a side note: are you still with the company?

No. Being a fixed wing guy on the helicopter side of the fence means you are treated somewhere below mechanics. Lousy salary, no time off, ever changing crazy schedule, being controlled by every lame brain in the place, being yelled at for every bill that they caused and having to clean up their messes on top of that, gets to be too after awhile. And I forgot about the trips to wonderful places like Afghanistan, Sudan, Iran, Angola and so on. Plus disintery (sp), unknown diseases, bad food, the Evergreen quick weight lose program, etc.

Latest resources

Back