• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, its true. Yes there is going to be a furlough. Typical Evergreen! So to all that are interested in applying here or have any current or future ambitions of flying here. Please for your good and that of your family.....STAY AWAY and spread the word. This pattern of hire and fire is the SOP here.

They don't try to place you in other A/C under contract,like the CASA or something?

They don't try to place you in other A/C under contract,like the CASA or something?

Part of the problem there is, I am sorry to say, the union contract. It used to be, many years ago, personnel could transfer from one company to another under the Evergreen umbrella freely. However, pilots moving to or from EIA lose their seniority. And please don't say it the company's fault. There is enough fault to go around. I know of one pilot that had worked flying a Lear for Alaska, who while waiting for his IOE, was asked to do a couple of weeks of relief in Afghanistan. He was willing but the union stated he would lose his seniority if he did.

The only aircraft under EIA are the 747's. All other fixed wing aircraft are under either Alaska or McMinnville 135 certificates.

Part of the problem there is, I am sorry to say, the union contract. It used to be, many years ago, personnel could transfer from one company to another under the Evergreen umbrella freely. However, pilots moving to or from EIA lose their seniority. And please don't say it the company's fault. There is enough fault to go around. I know of one pilot that had worked flying a Lear for Alaska, who while waiting for his IOE, was asked to do a couple of weeks of relief in Afghanistan. He was willing but the union stated he would lose his seniority if he did.

The only aircraft under EIA are the 747's. All other fixed wing aircraft are under either Alaska or McMinnville 135 certificates.

I dont see if your unionized how you could be furloughed and fly in some other capacity until recalled and lose seniority.

Don't mistake Evergreen International Airlines, EIA (B-747) with Evergreen Helicopters(Casa/Learjet/misc. helicopters). They are in fact completely different companies' under the Evergreen Aviation umbrella. The Airline (EIA) is uniounized under ALPA, and Evergreen Helicopters is not. Hence there cannot be any changing of companies during times of furlough. I wish it wasn't that way, but thats what we all knew when we signed on to work here. I am sure there is a good reason for it. People that have been here a hell of a lot longer than me, and have more experience dealing with a guy like D. Smith thought that this was a good idea.

I just got furloughed.. as of jan 1 they are parking at least 2 airplanes. STAW AWAY from this hole. They just spent around 50G's on hotels, travel and pay in the last 6 months and i just finished ioe a month ago. Long term planning is not their strongest atribute. Had a blast with a great group of guys. So long!

Merry Del Smith Christmas! He gave me the same gift in 2004. Got fed up and moved on. Good luck.

Furlough Numbers

Looks like the furlough will be for 9 F/O's, 6 F/E's, and 6 Captains are being displaced to the right seat. Again, anyone thinking of coming here should think twice before you do. As others have stated, Southern and Kaletta are both hiring and Atlas/Polar is scheduled to start up soon. Trust me, this is not a place to hang your hat for the long term, it is a last resort stepping stone at best. That said, this is the best pilot/engineer group I have ever had the pleasure of flying with which is one of the only upsides to life here at Evergreen. Without the crews they have this company would implode fast but, as we all know, management will never realize that until its too late. Its a sad state of affairs around here:bomb:

Yeah, I just got a call from a friend who left Comair for EV who got the Del's "Christmas Present." He's taking it in stride, though. I hope it's very short-term like he says they've been in the past.

I was supposed to call back to set up an interview in Jan, but I think I'll (hopefully) complete the upgrade class I'm in now and stash some cash while building TPIC.

Good luck, Zoners. Looks like it would've been a nice place to work, as far as the crews and adventures go!

Since this is the EV thread du jour...........

I was scheduled for LCF training when I left. What has happened with that re: APU or not? Crew rest facility? "Galley"? LAV? Curious after hearing all the talk pre-delivery.

Latest resources

Back