Latest at Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Noral71

Anyone know the latest news with Evergreen? I was scheduled on the 26 November class that was cancelled, and I’m hearing the next class will be January. Also I’ve heard rumors they maybe putting pilots on the panel now, any truth to this.

ML

Yes and no... The Nov. class was cxld, but the Jan one SO FAR isn't. The training dept. is in the process of moving to DEN.

There are still Interviews every couple of days.

We have stopped hiring PFE's so the first stop could very well be the sideways seat. I don't think the company has determined how they are going to pick fo's or so's.

Consider the cancellation of the Nov. Class a blessing in disguise. There are at least several reasons to avoid going to Evergreen.

We are the lowest paid 747 flight crews. Even Kalitta and Southern pay much better. Compared to industry standards for the 747, Evergreen's pay and benefits are a total joke! Management is not even negotiating in good faith for a new contract. They actually expect concessions from the flightcrews.

Even though EZ has their hands on 2 LCF's, Boeing has announced the Dreamliner is 6 months behind schedule. The LCF crews are barely flying.

Evergreen is parking 2 747-100's in January. We have been told all the 100's should be parked by August. In other words, the fleet is scheduled to shrink!

Although, we have been told that there are 3 400's out there that Evergreen has contracted to buy, expect them to be sold. The exec VP has stated this expectation himself. The company has a history of selling routes and aircraft for quick, short term gains.

The company continuously violates the existing CBA at the drop of a hat. The company doesn't care one bit about the welfare of its employees.

I would consider any one hired now to be future furlough fodder. Evergreen has a history of furloughs! With a fleet likely to shrink, what do you expect to happen?

Give yourself and your family an early Xmas Present; and go get a job with another carrier. I know from friends that both Southern and Kalitta are hiring for January classes. There are rumors of Atlas/Polar hiring soon.

The only plus to working at Evergreen are the quality of your fellow employees, both crew and non crew! They are some of the finest people to work with.

If I could afford to start over, I would give serious consideration to leaving.

The doom & gloom message above is discouraging! I'm about to upgrade at my crappy regional after a 5-year wait, and I'm trying to get a Jan interview at EV. I have friends both on the LCF and the classic and they said they'd still leave Comair to fly for Evergreen. Maybe your doom & gloom is my greener pasture?

I hadn't heard anything about any of the classics being parked. I heard they were paid-for moneymakers! Weren't the -400s already bought and leased back to Air France due to the delay in the 380?

Any other 'Zoners care to comment on the state of the company, the negotiations, and QOL?

Thanks!

The -400BCF's were bought and we are to get them afer Air France gets there 777F's in 2008. I have also heard about EIA selling them but who knows the VP sometimes talks to hear himself talk and to get the Pilots going.

Three 100s are being parked. One is due for a D-check the other is high time and the last one has high cycles. I guess the last -100 will be gone at some point also. It is good to see them go as they do cause some trouble due to age. We just added a 200F to the fleet and I think they are still looking for other -200s.

The 3rd LCF should arrive in March. Then the LCF flying should pick up as Boeing starts to make progress with the 787.

Yes the pilots are in contract talks!!

I have always enjoyed working here. There is doom and gloom at every place some people could not live without it.

Good Luck!!

Last edited:
D. SMith is right on. Its a blessing in disguise for you. Surely Delta or United or one of the other majors or LCC's can hire you. Within 6 months you will be looking to one of these! So just save yourself the trouble and go there now. Read my previous post to some questions about evergreen a weeek ago. DO yourself a favor and stay away.

Evergreen

If you want to fly to destinations in Afghanistan and Iraq for no additional pay and questionable life insurance coverage, then Evergreen is the place for you. Sure every place has its ups and downs, and I am willing to accept that, but this is the limit for me. I have been here under 3 years, and I have seen this company change from a somewhere decent place to work to just another stepping stone. But, thats just my humble opinion.

I've never felt as safe flying as I did last year over Iraq. We had American controllers, CAP, any type of SAR assets at our beck and call..........

Now the 18 hour day from Ramstein you can have, but BFD flying to Kuwait over Iraq.

This was all before the surge kicked the ess out of al qaeda in Iraq!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back