Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
This rumor has been confirmed on the ALPA board by a LEC Rep.

I dunno why ALPA turned it down.

There has not been any polling in a while now.

Where did you see this? I just checked the message board and only see an individual questioning the message.

~~~^~~~ said:
This rumor has been confirmed on the ALPA board by a LEC Rep.

I dunno why ALPA turned it down.

There has not been any polling in a while now.

First of all, how could they "turn it down" when they haven't even met with the NMB yet...

This is offer and counter offer...they don't "turn it down" they counter. So if MGMT came to the table at an informal meeting with nothing in writing and said here it is...take it or leave it...I would have said shove it...and then requested a formal offer to take to the NMB to start up the NEGOTIATION PROCESS again! That is how it is supposed to work.

Good Grief guys!!! I truly believe that these guys would rather see the airline shutdown instead of accepting anything less than what they want. ACCEPT THE OFFER NOW AND NEGOTIATE MORE NEXT TIME!!! These ARE tough times fellas! I do agree that earlier offers were unacceptable but the latest offers have been better!!

But hey, This is just my opinion...

dal757 said:
Good Grief guys!!! I truly believe that these guys would rather see the airline shutdown instead of accepting anything less than what they want. ACCEPT THE OFFER NOW AND NEGOTIATE MORE NEXT TIME!!! These ARE tough times fellas! I do agree that earlier offers were unacceptable but the latest offers have been better!!

Jeez, I don't even work there anymore, but I have to say your opinion sucks. I'd love to negotiate with you!

AVoiceOfReason said:
Offer last week from ASA:

-Payraise for 50/ATR
-No paycut for 700
-$1.55 perdiem increasing to $1.60
-Skywest training pilot section
-1:2 duty rigs
-401k improvements
-PBS
quote]

I heard a similar INFORMAL offer was made to our MEC.
But the next week when the company wrote it down on paper, the offer mysteriously changed.

dal757 said:

That is exactly what the Mesaba MEC said in 2004. Currently, Mesaba Management is in the process of throwing out the contract and demanding 19% pay cut. Your logic failed miserably for those who voted for the Mesaba contract nor will it work with ASA.

These are only a few of the real issues. Fins mentioned scope (which I don't even know if that exists anymore), what about SCHEDULING, actual CONTRACT COMPLIANCE--none of this means anything if the company will simply ignore what it signs. And to be honest, I can't imagine ASA mgmt. will EVER sign a contract they can't readily violate.

Time-and-a-half for JM'ing is a joke...you are just a lineholder on reserve for your days off at 1.5 times pay. Also, a trip extension ought to be 1.5X pay, AND be limited in the number of times it can be done monthly.

Does anyone know what the record for number of years in negotiations? ASA almost went five years the last time.

Dodge said:
That is exactly what the Mesaba MEC said in 2004. Currently, Mesaba Management is in the process of throwing out the contract and demanding 19% pay cut. Your logic failed miserably for those who voted for the Mesaba contract nor will it work with ASA.

One big difference... Mesaba is in ch.11 ASA is not!

dal757 said:

Who are you and what do you care? Do you even have a dog in this fight? Looks to me that you are happy with your rates at DAL if you even work there.

What offer? They aren't negotiating in front of the NMB so it means squat until the company gets them back involved.

Unless you are in this with us then STFU! Not like any DAL guys would have taken any advice from the lowly regional guys. So what makes you think we would do otherwise???

dal757 said:

I think ASA had the highest profit margin for ALL regionals. When would be a better time?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back