Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
Deal looks fair to me. Let's wrap this up before everything gets transferred to Skywest. Let's be smart.

If it comes to me as a TA'd contract for me to vote on then I will make my decision after reading the whole thing. If and when the company gets the NMB back in the room and makes it a legit offer.

Nice to know you would sign off on something you have not even read yet. Brilliant! Looks fair to me, where do I sign?

Firehoser said:
<<They are???? ASA made HOW much money last quarter?>>

Lets put the profit in a little perspective:

If I remember correctly last quarter's profit at ASA was about $45 million.

Fuel expense for the same period: $ 24 million
Crew expense, (Pilots only): $ 61 million
Non contract employees $ 240 million
(Based on 25K a year)
Leases, maintenance, parts etc? $ ??????
Benefits $ ??????
Other costs(training etc) $ ???????

Ok those of you ranting about the excessive profit ASA is making run the numbers yourself and consider:

If no money was coming in; on $45 million profit a quarter, how many days could ASA continue to pay salaries and meet its financial obligations before it would have to start selling off its assets? (Assume a condition where Delta dumps us at the end of our contract with them).

Run the numbers - $45 million sounds like a lot but its a drop in the bucket. It looks even lower when you realize that represents about 5% or so in profit margin.

Its like bringing home $7000 a month in salary but having to pay out $6700 in bills. No sane and responsible adult would let their budget get to that condition but that is exactly the constraints airlines are working under these days. Its amazing they are all hanging on.

??? Did you learn anything sleeping through Economics in high school????

Did you make up these numbers or are you smokin' crack? You are a Flame Starter and I don't believe anything you post.

AVoiceOfReason said:
Offer last week from ASA:

-Payraise for 50/ATR
-No paycut for 700
-$1.55 perdiem increasing to $1.60
-Skywest training pilot section
-1:2 duty rigs
-401k improvements
-PBS

ALPA said NO
This from a voting member of the MEC

What kind of pay raise? If I ain´t making what atleast Chataqua makes
forget it!
Per diem should start at $1.60 and go up from there.
What is this about Sywest training?!?!?
Duty rig is a start but for a 14 duty day 7 hrs of pay is actually normal at ASA. As the current schedule stands duty rigs wouldn´t help us. I want Trip rigs!!
PBS....still wondering about this one. As long as ASA can´t screw us with this, I have no problem being more efficient.

Blucher said:
and to discuss how we needed to build a more trusting relationship between the pilots and management. Draw your own conclusions....
-Blucher:erm:

Like Carol King in her song said, "It's too late baby, it's too late..."

ASA mgt had their opportunity to earn some trust, lied to us, so forget it. Ever since those Delta mgt retreads (Skippy & LaLiar) came here it's been downhill, lies, and no support. So, I VOTED IN FAVOR!

Sinca3 said:
What kind of pay raise? If I ain´t making what atleast Chataqua makes
forget it!
Per diem should start at $1.60 and go up from there.
What is this about Sywest training?!?!?
Duty rig is a start but for a 14 duty day 7 hrs of pay is actually normal at ASA. As the current schedule stands duty rigs wouldn´t help us. I want Trip rigs!!
PBS....still wondering about this one. As long as ASA can´t screw us with this, I have no problem being more efficient.

Charlie Tutt wants to force PBS on the pilots via the contract. We have spent almost 4 years negotiating our Scheduling section and the company said they had no interest in PBS. Now they want to stop and waste another year renegotiating for PBS. Ain't gonna happen. They have already said that the software that Delta uses is too expensive for us. Well that should tell everyone everything they need to know about how badly they will screw the pilots and F/A's if we give in to them. A side letter only after the contract is signed is the only thing they will get and then we will be in control of the quality of PBS or even if we have a PBS. They should be ashamed of the time wasted on Scheduling secretly knowing they wanted PBS. These managers are lower than Whale $hit.

Dodge said:
True......very true. When/if broke Delta "skips" a few payments like broke Northwest did to Mesaba, bankruptcy would seem to me a very viable option to make sure that those greedy ASA pilots work for less money than the average Delta 757 CA gives in allowance to his 7 year girl.
Cute - but wrong. SkyWest held back 125 million on the money to ensure Delta's compliance. Go back and read the threads on the ASA purchase.

Bizjet said:
Charlie Tutt wants to force PBS on the pilots via the contract. We have spent almost 4 years negotiating our Scheduling section and the company said they had no interest in PBS. Now they want to stop and waste another year renegotiating for PBS. Ain't gonna happen. ..... They should be ashamed of the time wasted on Scheduling secretly knowing they wanted PBS. These managers are lower than Whale $hit.
Is PBS that big a deal for management? How big a deal is it money wise? The more I learn about it, the more it sounds like a bad thing.

However, scope is so much more important. Why doesn't anyone seem to care about Secton 1? What good are pay rates if SkyWest will replace the pilots earning those rates?

The real force that is hanging over all of us is the part of the contract between Delta and our Airlines that mandates crew cost.

With out consulting any of us, our Airlines have agreed to be lowest, or second lowest at some point in time.

This is pure BS. Every thing our managers say and do revolves around this.
I say they should of ask us before they agreed to this. But that would involve respecting our right to collective bargaining.

All this is going on as ALPA Nat. sits on their collective arsses and forms commitees.

If the company WANTS PBS that is reason enough for us NOT to want it.

Won't it completely negate our section 13 negotiations? Won't we have to open it back up? Remember ZERO NET GAIN? More time wasted!!

Strike ASAP, PUSH for it. Dont' let them delay, delay, delay as Skywest trains our replacements!!!

DO IT NOW!!!

Latest resources

Back