Latest ACEY Negotiation Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stifler's Mom said:
Hey, I couldn't find the chart with the new salaries of management when they take their 13% compensation cut. It only seems natural that they are going to lead by example, right???????

Exactly. I will NOT consider any concessions, under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever unless management takes the same paycut, and stops receiving bonuses! Not to mention we are profitable. Where is Liarbrecque to explain how he gets a bonus of more than I will ever make while they want to steal money out of my pocket. Eff them!

ASA_Willy said:
but Skywest had a ton of cash left over even after the purchase of ASA.

I forget the exact number, but I seem to remember hearing that the CMR strike cost DAL about 300 million. If that number is correct, that is about 100 million a month. And CVG is a much smaller operation DAL wise than ATL is. And all the carriers that are here (ATL) are union, of some sort. I would not expect ALPA or teamsters to fly struck work. Whether SKYW will is not clear, depends on whether SAPA can decline it. I don't know if JA has 100-200 million laying arounf that he wants to burn up in a union busting move. Personally I don't think that DAL would allow us to strike. I think they would tell JA to go ahead and give us whatever we are asking for and then slowly transfer assets away as they can spin up crews. That would cost a LOT less, and have the same effect.

atrdriver said:
I forget the exact number, but I seem to remember hearing that the CMR strike cost DAL about 300 million. If that number is correct, that is about 100 million a month. And CVG is a much smaller operation DAL wise than ATL is. And all the carriers that are here (ATL) are union, of some sort. I would not expect ALPA or teamsters to fly struck work. Whether SKYW will is not clear, depends on whether SAPA can decline it. I don't know if JA has 100-200 million laying arounf that he wants to burn up in a union busting move. Personally I don't think that DAL would allow us to strike. I think they would tell JA to go ahead and give us whatever we are asking for and then slowly transfer assets away as they can spin up crews. That would cost a LOT less, and have the same effect.

You just make sure the settlement includes a merge of skywest and ASA lists. If not, don't settle. You have the power now, just use it.
Again, for the life of me, I do not understand the reluctance to go on the offensive.... The attitude of let's wait and see plays into their hands.
You have the winning cards now, play them. If you wait for the next hand, you will lose.

benjakes said:
You just make sure the settlement includes a merge of skywest and ASA lists. If not, don't settle. You have the power now, just use it.
Again, for the life of me, I do not understand the reluctance to go on the offensive.... The attitude of let's wait and see plays into their hands.
You have the winning cards now, play them. If you wait for the next hand, you will lose.

Preaching to the choir man....

ASA_Willy said:
Like I said, there are now 5 DCI carriers in ATL. Skywest wouldn't be able to pick up that much of the flying initially. Much of it would fall to the others and, across all of them, they could probably replace most of what ASA does out of ATL within 3-4 months of a lockout. I'd expect it would take Skywest 18-24 months to get back to the capacity of the 2 current airlines. Not cheap, but Skywest had a ton of cash left over even after the purchase of ASA.
You guys give management too much credit. I'm not saying that this won't happen, but there's a few reasons that I can think of that it won't.
  1. Loss of ASA... one less codeshare... one less airline to further the whipsaw.
  2. Even though SkyWest owns the gates on the C concourse, they don't make much money leasing gate space to other DCI carriers (somebody said $300/flight). The real money is made in operating the flight. If that was the case, why would SkyWest break ALPA when the end result would be to divy up the flying between CHQ and Freedom? Even if SkyWest had an agreement with the other airlines to take back the flying once they could ramp up the hiring, do you think that the other DCI carriers have the means to cover it?
  3. I'd like to think that the other union airlines in DCI would not fly struck work, and that SkyWest would be as hated as GJs and the original Freedom if their pilots had a hand in taking down ASA.
  4. Finally, you assume that Delta cares what ASA pilots are paid. I don't think they care as long as the price they get for the flying is reasonable.

SuperKooter said:
I don't understand the resistance to making the f/o pay the same across the board and getting a 5% increase?

That's because you're not an ALPA ASA pilot poopyboy! Back into your little cubicle at the G/O you go. Seems like you only post during the day, so you must either be over at the G/O, or maybe even the airport. Scheduler, dispatcher, office weenie, chief pilot, more than likely one of these.

Better get today's AJC and start looking at the classifieds for a new job. Strike ballots on the way, voting YES poopy.

ASARJMan said:
That's because you're not an ALPA ASA pilot poopyboy! Back into your little cubicle at the G/O you go. Seems like you only post during the day, so you must either be over at the G/O, or maybe even the airport. Scheduler, dispatcher, office weenie, chief pilot, more than likely one of these.

Better get today's AJC and start looking at the classifieds for a new job. Strike ballots on the way, voting YES poopy.

Ummmm yea thats assuming you get released. Not gonna happen.

D'Angelo said:
Ummmm yea thats assuming you get released. Not gonna happen.

You want to explain why? There have been others released in the last few years.

atrdriver said:
You want to explain why? There have been others released in the last few years.

Sure delta is in bankruptcy. An ASA strike would kill delta therefore I do not believe a relase is warranted at this time. I think the NMB and/or the president will agree with me on that one. These are also different times in todays market. If delta was financially healthy maybe but they are not. As goes mainline so goes the regionals. Thats what sucks about being fee for departure. No one makes their own money so it makes it hard to demand large raises. Delta is making money for everyone but themselves. We at comair were "wildy profitable" until Delta dragged us into Bk. You should be thanking skywest for saving you. If it werent for them you would be losing tons of money and not "wildy profitable"

Latest resources

Back