• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Last Usairways Trip"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those of you hired by a company you want to work for...good for you.

Those of you who have had to make choices between carriers...hope you picked the best one for you and yours.

Those of you hired by the first and/or only carrier that offered you a position....hope you are enjoying your career!

Those of you who feel good about yourself slinging arrows at others on the boards trying to pass gouge, insights, and info...well...if it makes you feel better about yourself knock yourself out.

Ty Webb has passed tons of AirTran stuff on these boards. Ty...I'm a jumpseater...not a pax much....but when I can buy tickets to your cities I try to help out. Your inputs are always worth reading on these boards.

A331...best of luck. Take that guitar on a trip or two and be ready to entertain if the satellite TV goes down!

There is no "RIGHT" Choice.

There is no "Wrong" Choice.

Just make "A" choice and don't ever look back.

Best Wishes,
JetPilot500

last trip

I thank all that have replied to my post as I didn't expect that many responses.
I flew the last leg last night and the captain I was with had the fire trucks in Charlotte do the final flight thing with the water sprayed over the plane as we arrived on the ramp. It may have not been what it was designed for but it was a nice touch on the Captain's part to do that. A great send off for sure.

Jack Schitt said:
My post was in reference to Ty Webb leaving the 135 corp world for Airtran. My point is he didn't have many options for breaking into the airline biz after 9/11, so he shouldn't feel like he made such a brilliant move.

I interviewed in April of 2001, and was placed in the pool in August 2001, before 9/11, thank you very much.

I picked AirTran due to their location (a 45-minute on-line commute) new equipment, fast upgrade, good contract, profitability, and the fact that my friends who were working there were all happy.

When hiring resumed (after 9/11) I was offered a class date. I then had to make a decision to leave my good job for an airline job two months after 9/11 . . . so I looked at it AGAIN, and that is where the senior pilots' decision to help the junior guys made my choice easier.

It's pretty funny that you claim to be Jack Schitt, when it is clear that you don't even know Jack Schitt!

Last edited:
An appropriate response for the one issued by nimtz. It looks like you're holding on a little too tight NYR.

The truth is sometimes painful..But it still remains the truth no matter how painful..

Good or bad taste is another matter altogether.

Mike

Egad, NYR, will you get off my back? Smilies just don't do justice. How do you show sardonic irony with ":D"? Just to be clear, I'm not amused exactly. But it is a wry sign of the times that the pilot profession's largest union is having such trouble with representing their existing groups that in consequence it has little time or substance to offer one of the few currently growing airline pilot groups. Sorry if that's in "bad taste".

Has anyone thought this through? Is unionization inevitable? I don't know the answer to that, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Unless JetBlue's management screws up, ALPA doesn't have much to offer.

Latest resources

Back