"Last Usairways Trip"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airbus331

Tomorrow will mark my last trip for Usairways, ending my 16.5yr career. I am different, in that, I am not furloughed. I had decided last Mar when I applied to Jetblue, that if I were hired, I would leave, and that day has finally come. There has been alot of discussions here of ALPA, retirement, wages, benefits, ect. and it all comes down to, do you look forward to going to work. The retirement here is gone, benefits evaporated, wages down, down, and down. I am so looking forward to Mar 3rd on my first day of my new life, with only 14.7yrs left of my career. I really don't have a point to this, but just thought good news on here would be a good thing. Thanks for all of the support this board is for all of us.

Good Luck.. You'll have a great career at JBLU.

That's got to be seriously bittersweet. Tough call, but probably a good one. (There being no sure things in this biz, "probably" is the best you can get). Good luck, and see you on the line!

A/B 331

As I've already told you, welcome aboard. You've got my e-mail address. Let me know if you need me to send you any study stuff in prep for training. You'll do great and I can't wait to see you in the crew room.

I'm always glad to help out but especially to my brethren from AAA.

Happy landings, E.

Judgement Call

I often hear that the true sign of a good aviator is when he/she demonstrates good judgement in their decision making. I suppose that you will know for sure in about 14.7 yrs.

GOOD LUCK,
Learguy

There are many of us hanging on at US Airways who wish to emulate airbus331. A fellow classmate of mine from 1987 was interviewed but turned down by jetBLue, and I continue to update my app. in hopes of getting a call some day.

Good luck airbus331; it will surely be a breath of fresh air after what's gone on here for the past 12 years!

You did the right thing, bud. A friend of mine stayed till the bitter end at Markair, and they ended up owing him over $20,000. They didn't give him an award for staying till they turned out the lights.

Good Luck.

Now having survived the furlouhs at Mother Delta I am going no where. However, JBLU is one of the few companies I applied to as a furlough approaches.

Singing and praising that SONG...

Latest resources

Back