• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Last MidEx 717 flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
very incorrect. Even if it takes a year to work out an integration, and no Midex pilot has flown that entire time, EVERY Midex pilot will be integrated into the RAH list. As to whether they choose to come back, that is another story, but everyone will have a new seniority number.

Back to what DOH Mini? Are all the MidEx guys/girls that were on the street prior to the announcment, closing, etc..going to be left for dead?

How many MidEx pilots are likely to be integrated?

Last edited:
RAH pilots do not fly struck work. Never have, never will.

they just steal it before you could strike then conveniently hide behind this.

magically with the 717 disappearing, suddenly pilot compensation at Midwest Airlines gets cut in half. nice. glad to see republic holding the bar. flying basically a similar aircraft for Midwest - 50% (when they also HAD midwest's contractual pay rates). way to go!

Back to what DOH Mini? Are all the MidEx guys/girls that were on the street prior to the announcment, closing, etc..going to be left for dead?

How many MidEx pilots are likely to be integrated?

No one gets left for dead. Active vs. furlough status may have a substantial impact about WHERE on the new list a particular pilot is placed, but that is up to the negotiators, and possibly an arbitrator. Active vs. furlough is historically based upon date of acquisition, which would mean approximately the top quarter of the Midwest pilots would be considered active and the bottom three quarters would be considered furloughed. I don't know when this precedent was set, but it was certainly used by the arbitrator in the US Airways/America West merger. My hope is that an agreement can be reached without an arbitrator, and that all Midwest pilots will be treated equally. But again, that is not up to me, and requires not just the supoort of the Midwest and RAH pilots, but also Frontier and Lynx pilots. ALL parties are going to have to agree on the fate of MIdwest pilots.

ALL Midwest pilots will be integrated. Even furloughs. It is a legal requirement. No law requires a Midwest pilot to return to work with his new seniority number, but each pilot will have one.

I'm so sorry for you MEP guys and gals. Every Midex pilot I ever met or jumpseated with were a class act. I know you might get "a number" at RAH, but it will never be the same. I just found out that most of the RPA crews flying the 190 are senior. (The most junior Capt. is 12 years) I for sure thought the RPA pilots would have stood their ground regarding fair compensation and those aircraft would have gone junior. But alas that is not the case.

On a different and somewhat wierd note, I just received my Nov. OAG pocket guide and was looking at the skeds from MKE. (OAG denotes flights not operated by the main airline with a star to denote codeshare flights, etc.) An example shows MKE-MCO YX736 and F94013 operated by an A319, but both flights have the star. So YX (RPA) can't be the main airline because it is F9, yet it can't be F9 because RPA owns them and it is a YX route...WTF???

Once again, good luck to all the tremendous MEP crews. I wish you all the best!

The integration will require an arbitrator. There will be no agreement between all the groups. Its going to be a long long process.

I'm so sorry for you MEP guys and gals. Every Midex pilot I ever met or jumpseated with were a class act. I know you might get "a number" at RAH, but it will never be the same. I just found out that most of the RPA crews flying the 190 are senior. (The most junior Capt. is 12 years) I for sure thought the RPA pilots would have stood their ground regarding fair compensation and those aircraft would have gone junior. But alas that is not the case.

I assure you that there are plenty of junior captains on the E190. I can name 5 right off the top of my head that have less than 5 years with the company. I know of at least 3 E190 captains who got displaced, and they are junior to myself. Some senior people bid the E190, but at least 3 of them I know did it so that they could transfer onto the Republic certificate, and will transfer out of MKE as soon as possible. There are a few corporate and training issues preventing their immediate move between bases. Denver is going senior. MKE is going quite junior.

Republic pilots have stood their ground in relation to higher pay as much as the law allows. We will press for substantial pay increases in contract negotiations. We are also working on establishing a 100 seat payscale for the E190. Our current CBA does not require a 100 seat payscale to be in place prior to operating the aircraft with 100 seats, but there is a timetable. For obvious reasons the company is dragging its heels as much as possible, but at this point, both sides are still operating within the provisions of the CBA. Once the timetable outlines within our CBA is violated, then we the pilots at RAH have more options which we will pursue. But we are not there yet.

I know we all want an immediate resolution, but the real world moves much more slowly. The expectation of immediate gratification is the biggest flaw in our modern culture. Please take the time at hand to educate yourself and come up with solutions that RAH and Midwest pilots can actually use to improve our collective circumstance.

they just steal it before you could strike then conveniently hide behind this.

magically with the 717 disappearing, suddenly pilot compensation at Midwest Airlines gets cut in half. nice. glad to see republic holding the bar. flying basically a similar aircraft for Midwest - 50% (when they also HAD midwest's contractual pay rates). way to go!

Did you guys even vote on a strike?

How much are you making per hour Fo/Capt?

I assure you that there are plenty of junior captains on the E190. I can name 5 right off the top of my head that have less than 5 years with the company. I know of at least 3 E190 captains who got displaced, and they are junior to myself. Some senior people bid the E190, but at least 3 of them I know did it so that they could transfer onto the Republic certificate, and will transfer out of MKE as soon as possible. There are a few corporate and training issues preventing their immediate move between bases. Denver is going senior. MKE is going quite junior.

Republic pilots have stood their ground in relation to higher pay as much as the law allows. We will press for substantial pay increases in contract negotiations. We are also working on establishing a 100 seat payscale for the E190. Our current CBA does not require a 100 seat payscale to be in place prior to operating the aircraft with 100 seats, but there is a timetable. For obvious reasons the company is dragging its heels as much as possible, but at this point, both sides are still operating within the provisions of the CBA. Once the timetable outlines within our CBA is violated, then we the pilots at RAH have more options which we will pursue. But we are not there yet.

I know we all want an immediate resolution, but the real world moves much more slowly. The expectation of immediate gratification is the biggest flaw in our modern culture. Please take the time at hand to educate yourself and come up with solutions that RAH and Midwest pilots can actually use to improve our collective circumstance.

You sound like a regional puke lifer. Guzzling koolaid. Well, now little pukes have to play with the big boys and actually pay the bills to run a company instead of just undercutting for contracts. If RAH was able to get a contract with good payrates then they lose their advatange and they lose money. Look at XJT. You guys need to be scum sucking bottom feeders to stay business. None of you should be allowed to jumpseat on any carrier.

You sound like a regional puke lifer. Guzzling koolaid. Well, now little pukes have to play with the big boys and actually pay the bills to run a company instead of just undercutting for contracts. If RAH was able to get a contract with good payrates then they lose their advatange and they lose money. Look at XJT. You guys need to be scum sucking bottom feeders to stay business. None of you should be allowed to jumpseat on any carrier.

Let us know when you're ready to grow up and communicate with the grownups like a responsible adult instead of voicing your emotions on this board.

Latest resources

Back