• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lasa prelim award!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any attempt to put out a prelim is gonna be a mess with this last vacancy bid. They have a hard enough time doing one when its just a few new spots in one base, much less an award with upgrades plus a displacment and a new base opening up. Don't hold your breath...

Preliminary bids are absolutely worthless! They are outdated by the time they are published or the person who does them completely screws them up.

You think with SkyWest IT at our disposal, we would have some sort of live standing bid application. My last airline who was old-school, stone age technology even had a live standing bid.

That's strange. I look at the standing bid quite often on Xjet.com. What are you talking about?

The standing bid lists are not very helpful. If a pilot has a bid in for multiple positions (e.g. CR7 CA DTW, CRJ CA IAD, & CRJ CA DFW) they will appear in each of those lists with no indication of which is the #1 choice. There are so many options now that it is next to impossible to forecast how the award will shake out based.

The preferred base column helps. I find the standing base relatively easy to decipher. Preferred base shows you their number one position choice in every base except ATL. In ATL it's safe to assume they will prefer the 700 over the 200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There used to be a way to see each pilots base preferrence number but I'm getting an error now, at least on the ipad. The way it works (worked)...

If you want to see each pilots choice, click on Print on the upper right corner and it will open another page and list the pilots number of choice for that base.

Latest resources

Back