• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lasa prelim award!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The preferred base column helps. I find the standing base relatively easy to decipher. Preferred base shows you their number one position choice in every base except ATL. In ATL it's safe to assume they will prefer the 700 over the 200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't see how this helps. What if they can't hold their first or second base choice? Also I don't think it's safe to assume everyone in Atlanta wants the 700. I was based there for years and never flew the 700 as fo or capt. 90% of the fo's I flew with didn't want to fly the 700 because they held better lines on the 200. They only guys I knew who were really excited about the 700 were new fo's but I've been gone for a while so maybe things have changed.

The preferred base column helps. I find the standing base relatively easy to decipher. Preferred base shows you their number one position choice in every base except ATL. In ATL it's safe to assume they will prefer the 700 over the 200

Okay, but that requires you to sift through the "all" list for CR7 and CRJ and you still don't know how CRJ CA IAD is ranked compared to CR7 CA ATL, for example. You can make educated guesses but it still takes way to much time to try to map it all out. If SkyWest IT were instructed to they could make the standing bid lists much more useful.

I don't see how this helps. What if they can't hold their first or second base choice? Also I don't think it's safe to assume everyone in Atlanta wants the 700. I was based there for years and never flew the 700 as fo or capt. 90% of the fo's I flew with didn't want to fly the 700 because they held better lines on the 200. They only guys I knew who were really excited about the 700 were new fo's but I've been gone for a while so maybe things have changed.

The 200 schedules got bad enough last year to convince some of us to bid over to the 700. It is also nice to have one more pay longevity step as we reach year 8. Still you are correct; many stay on the 200 for higher relative seniority.

Ok that took quite some counting to figure out what number I am going to be on the plane. Guess they want to prevent the bids from being an eBay auction

Latest resources

Back