LAS Picket huge success

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Picketing

I'm sure that your eforts are having an effect on the owners, but I'm not sure that it's the desired effect. I was recently fying for a large conglomerate company that has many business segments both nationally and internationally. Although their main headquarters operates GV's, they have recently sought supplemental lift for their outying business segments. Toward that end they purchased a share in a Lear45 and a complete 604 from FlexJet and a share in a Hawker 800 from Flight Options. When I asked why they didn't buy from the leader in the industry, NJA, they replied that, "In light of their current labor problems, NetJets is no longer a premium product."

GV

"In light of their current labor problems, NetJets is no longer a premium product."

You're **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** right. The company has the ability to fix this.

GVFlyer said:
I'm sure that your eforts are having an effect on the owners, but I'm not sure that it's the desired effect. I was recently fying for a large conglomerate company that has many business segments both nationally and internationally. Although their main headquarters operates GV's, they have recently sought supplemental lift for their outying business segments. Toward that end they purchased a share in a Lear45 and a complete 604 from FlexJet and a share in a Hawker 800 from Flight Options. When I asked why they didn't buy from the leader in the industry, NJA, they replied that, "In light of their current labor problems, NetJets is no longer a premium product."

GV

GV,

I think you are correct about prospective owners. If I was shopping around for a share, I would look very closely at a company going through negotiations. As for current owners it is exactly the desired effect. Letting them know that there are problems here. Lots are aware of the negotiations, but I don't know how many realize just how contentious this has become.

On another note, nothing could help us more now than a healthy FOptions, CS, and Flex. Competition is the great equalizer!

"Netjets is no longer a premium product"

Do you hear this managment? Maybe you heard this gem...

"Netjets just sucks the least"

This Premium service is what RTS has showcased in advertising and word of mouth for years. These are examples of the kind of perception that can ruin a company.

RTS et al, need to start reading the tea leaves....will they heed the owners call?

GVFlyer said:

GV
Thank you! That is the ultimate effect and it's up to management to manage. How they do it is their business. If they want to gut themselves, that's their choice, or, they could increase pilot salaries and we would continue to sell their product. Before, we had no effect. Management thought they could do it without us. Glad to hear we are now having an effect. Why don't you give your NetJets management buddies a call and report your findings. Maybe they could do something before it's too late. This is just the tip of the iceburg. Thanks for the encouragement (and I'm being sincere). You just made my day.

at another service center are we majik?

Diesel said:
at another service center are we majik?
Looking at my logbook and all I see is GSO, SWF, SAT, ICT, MKE, LGB, and of course, MCO. Ahhhh, the life of a VII pilot ;)

Desired effects??

The main question is what is the desired effect. For about the past year, I have been posting publicly and privately that the vast majority of pilots have been extending themselves to be more "owner friendly" than in the past. I commended that action (organized or not) and thought it would have the effect of having owners more sympathetic to the pilots.

In the past 3 weeks I have had 4 flights with crews that have been horrible from an owner's service point of view. In each of these flights, it actually took extra effort for the crew to have the attitudes that they did. I have spoken with one other owner who also has had these experiences (they started just before Memorial Day). Sticking to the rules is one thing -- but the rules (and I have not ever read them) probably do not have a requirement of pilots flying "with a chip on their shoulders".

The "actual effect" is that the pilots are trying hard to alienate, irritate and pi$$ off the owners. I do not know whther this is your "desired effect".

Also remember the old addage --"Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" - you are mad at NJA not the owners. The equation below does not need an advanced degree to comprehend:

Fewer owners (by sending prospects away or losing current owners) = fewer planes = fewer pilots needed. That is a fact.

Last edited:
Majik said:
Thank you! That is the ultimate effect and it's up to management to manage... Why don't you give your NetJets management buddies a call and report your findings. Maybe they could do something before it's too late. This is just the tip of the iceburg. Thanks for the encouragement (and I'm being sincere). You just made my day.

I think they already know... At least Gulfstream management does. The company has distanced itself from NetJets and no longer sells Gulfstream Shares.

GV

NJAowner said:
The main question is what is the desired effect. For about the past year, I have been posting publicly and privately that the vast majority of pilots have been extending themselves to be more "owner friendly" than in the past. I commended that action (organized or not) and thought it would have the effect of having owners more sympathetic to the pilots.

In the past 3 weeks I have had 4 flights with crews that have been horrible from an owner's service point of view. In each of these flights, it actually took extra effort for the crew to have the attitudes that they did. I have spoken with one other owner who also has had these experiences (they started just before Memorial Day). Sticking to the rules is one thing -- but the rules (and I have not ever read them) probably do not have a requirement of pilots flying "with a chip on their shoulders".

The "actual effect" is that the pilots are trying hard to alienate, irritate and pi$$ off the owners. I do not know whther this is your "desired effect".

Also remember the old addage --"Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" - you are mad at NJA not the owners. The equation below does not need an advanced degree to comprehend:

Fewer owners (by sending prospects away or losing current owners) = fewer planes = fewer pilots needed. That is a fact.
I gotta ask, what was Santulli's response when you informed him that pilots seem to have "chips on their shoulders" that weren't there 4 years ago? Did you tell him, "If this doesn't magically correct itself soon, I'm considering taking my business elsewhere?" I'd love to hear his rep-lie:rolleyes: .

I don't think pilots are intentionally trying to pi$$ off the owners. A few may think this is the only way, after 4 years of false promises and failed negotiations, to get management's attention. Our union leadership tells us constantly to remain professional, especially to the passengers. Most pilots I have seen are and I try to still be as nice to the owners as I was in the past. I think this is just a battle between management and labor and you just happen to be caught in the middle. I hope management doesn't let the company's image erode any more than they already have. I do know that pilots are being run hard and put away wet like never before. I guess it doesn't take too much imagination to think that all of this wouldn't suck the smile off some of their faces. I think a lot of pilots have started flying to the strict rule of FARs and our FOM. On the bright side - safety is probably at it's highest level. Hope your "NetJets Experience" improves soon. There is a solution but it's not within my control. I'm very interested in your reply.

Majik said:
>>>

I hope management doesn't let the company's image erode any more than they already have.

What a crock of pooh. I'm so tired of you guys trashing this company and blaming it on your paycheck. You aren't evening LISTENING... the experience described by NJAOwner was directed at the way the pilots treated the passenger/owner, not the way the company is "treating" you.

You can't pass that off on the company without also saying, in so many words, that when your pay increases they will see a noticible increase in customer service.

This doesn't surpise me as much as you confirming, without hesitation, that "...NetJets is no longer a premium product" is the "ultimate" desired affect that you are going for. I mean, you are'nt even hiding it anymore!!! Vengence is obviously driving your agenda and I've lost complete respect for you.

When are you going to wake up to the realization that your agenda is giving the NJA crews a bad name? - Not the company. Youre continued efforts to trash this company are backfiring with every attempt. Well... that's not entirely true if your attempt is to give the owners a raw deal until your pay increases. Fact is, they, and everyone else, would probably come along side you if the company were not bargaining in good faith. Fact is, it's BECAUSE they are bargaining in good faith that your agenda is backfiring.

When this contract negotiation is over is this really the way you want to be remembered?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back