LAS Picket huge success

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CMHTroll said:
It sounds reasonable that a crew have the same 8 hurs protected resst for their entire tour. Be it 2200 – 0600 or 1800 – 0200. It makes sense. It just requires more pilots to cover the demand. Less work = less pay. I thought you wanted to increase your wages all that you could. So work fewer days and get paid less? That sounds opposite from what you have stated in the past. Why would you want to get paid less?

I am already working enough to rate 3 times my pay now. I can take a little less than triple.

FAcFriend said:
Someone who falls asleep due to being pushed all week by scheduling, does not merit being terminated.

El, anyone who falls asleep on the job - any job- for any reason would be fired.

think about it - firefighters work weird hours, if one falls asleep at a fire, he is fired. He can sleep while waiting for a call - but he better not fall asleep at 4 am while sitting in the truck at a fire even if his circadium rhythms are all screwed up.

Police officer works double duty- falls asleep in his car while parked at the side of the road - fired.

What job can I have that if I fall asleep I will not get fired?

If you come up with one, let us all know- I want THAT job!!

You don't fired at most jobs for falling asleep due to ABUSIVE scheduling. You get a pat on the back for going to the limit and you get sent home for some rest.

I'll tell you what. Let's self disclose this one to the FAA shall we? I like to know the corrective action that we will take to prevent this.

Another example of fine leadership from the DeathStar.

Last edited:
You don't fired at most jobs for falling asleep due to ABUSIVE scheduling. You get a pat on the back for going to the limit and you get sent home for some rest.

Again, I disagree. You do get fired for falling asleep after working double shifts, day shifts, nights shifts, OT etc.

El Chupacabra said:
A proposal is already out on the table to have a permanant Protected Rest time period.... A crew may be assigned 2200 to 0600E. This crew will then know that between those hours all tour long They will be in a hotel... not at the FBO not in a plane. Every day the whole tour long. No matter what. This is designed to protect circadian cycle. This is the proposal of the 135 ARC... The company is aware of it because they are on the ARC.

How about 12 hrs min rest periods? Shorter duty period limits.

How about FEWER work days... NOT MORE!

Shift work for pilots sounds interesting. I'm not downing the idea, just wondering how much support it would have from your fellow crewmembers. Seems like they are already complaining that they are on duty early in the morning with nothing to do. This seems to just make that the norm? But if you guys want that I don't see why the company wouldn't buy into it. Who would get the worst shifts? Lowest seniority?

dsptchrNJA said:
Why didn't as many crews call in before? That would be the real crux of the safety issue. But everyone reading these threads knows we are not talking about a safety issue, we are talking about a union agenda. This has already been made clear by a crewmember earlier in this post, quite voluntarily. No one has to wonder why the sudden increase. QUOTE]

You are way off on this one.
Crew used to push themselves further for a Company that treated them well. That is no longer this Company. We used to go the extra mile, suck it up a bit more but it was a 2 way street.
The changes in management has made sure that this is no longer true.

Why keep busting your ass for folks that just want to screw you or better yet replace you?

They reap what they sow.

x402 said:
and while in negoatiations, BO and committee
don't have to fly
don't have to work 14 hour days
don't have to be away from home as much
don't have to eat crew food
don't have to carry luggage
His wife is happier because he is not on the road as much-

The only thing this guy doesnt have is more money- but that is debatable because we all know it costs any family more money to have one member on the road alot. Netjets wife taught us that.

You're a slanderous as*hole. The committee is working from a survey, not their best (self) interests.

I re-read your post just to be sure I didn't miss something. I didn't, you're a jerk.

NETJETWIFE doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground!
It that family has $ problems they are just stupid and no example of a typical NJA family. You tack her hubby's retirement onto our NJA pay and I promise you this house would be feeling flush! She can gripe about the pay levels but not her families income!

The real issue isn't if the crew was fatigued or not - the issue is that they were fired without any proof. Two weeks after the trip is over they are brought into Columbus on some trumped up charges that the owner came up to check on them and they were both asleep. The crew strongly denied this allegation. For the record : no missed radio calls - no missed turns - no deviations. Just an owner complaint.

This same crew had complained about fatigue on that tour. The fatigue call they made caused the company a bunch of problems during that day. Two weeks later they are called in and fired. I wonder if there was a connection?

The crew in question are both minorities. The owner is a rich white guy. The owner is a buddy of Santulli. I wonder if there was a connection?

This stupid act is going to bite the company in the ass in so many ways. The managers here must be taking stupid pills.

TheRealDeal said:
Crew used to push themselves further for a Company that treated them well. That is no longer this Company. We used to go the extra mile, suck it up a bit more but it was a 2 way street.
The changes in management has made sure that this is no longer true.

Why keep busting your ass for folks that just want to screw you or better yet replace you?

They reap what they sow.

RealDeal, with all sincerity, I certainly won't try to debate the legitimacy of how you feel. I haven't walked a day in your shoes. I only regret that you feel that way. It is unforntunate indeed for both you and the company.

These stupid acts are going to bite the company in the ass in so many ways. The managers here must be taking stupid pills.

I'm just waiting for one of these stupid a$$ "owners" to cross the line and be caught interfering with the duties of a flight crew in flight. They'll be arrested at a diversionary aerodrome and we'll find out who put them up to it when they squeal like the piglets they are. 'Nuf said?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back