• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lack of professionalism (an example)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I saw the topic of this thread, I was thinking of someone wearing their pants down at their knees, or swearing in public or some other crazy action. I didn't think it would be some petty thing like this. Are you going to look at, and criticize what you see in the flight deck on every plane you see taxiing in from now on?

Lack of Professionalism II (pictures don't lie)

Here we have FO Cheeseburger (I don't know her name, but being at least 50 pounds over weight, she obviously likes McDonalds).

And yes, there we have the newspaper in the backpack!

http://picture.vzw.com/mi/400645671...345,345&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0

Here we have the professional pilot hanging her very large butt off the side of a chair waiting for her Saab to arrive. It was at this point that I began to get nervous that she might be my pilot.

http://picture.vzw.com/mi/400645159...345,345&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0

FO Cheeseburger made two landings that day from Hilton Head to Atlanta. The first probably broke something and the second one slightly less violent.

I hate that I did not take a picture of her text messaging someone on her phone in the cockpit entrance as we got off the plane, but I was on the phone with my father in-law (AA 737-800 Captain) telling him how much I hated flying regional airlines.

When you bitch and moan about passengers paying $40 a ticket, don't get pissed when we (passengers) call you out for looking like slobs...

I hate that I did not take a picture of her text messaging someone on her phone in the cockpit entrance as we got off the plane, but I was on the phone with my father in-law (AA 737-800 Captain) telling him how much I hated flying regional airlines.
I can't tell you how happy I am to know that your father in-law is an AA 737-800 Captain. It was thoughtful of you to share that important bit of knowledge with us.

Too bad the autopilot could not take this Shuttle America crew to the correct airport. They landed at the wrong airport 20 miles away from the intended destination.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/42803/us_airways_flight_lands_at_wrong_airport/index.html

Hi there..... Welcome to 5 years ago, in fact this was a previous version of Shuttle America, not the current one. But thanks for playing!

In fact I believe I over time more Mainliners have landed at the wrong fields than Rjs.....

http://www.thirdamendment.com/wrongway.html

I don't work for Shuttle America but one of the companies under the RAH umbrella. I too have noticed not only at our own airline but most across the board, many people that take no pride in the profession or themselves. I've recently been on a few trips where walking through the terminal, I've wanted to run away from my crewmembers because of the scenes that were demonstrated. I take comfort in the thought that our younger generations all act this way, no matter what profession they're in. All we can do is individually dress for success and act the part. This will contrast the people that don't and hopefully they'll get the hint, otherwise I'd just leave it up to the pilot management to feret them out on their own. Remember even if they dress sloppy, they're still our brothers and sisters.

Shut up, I hate people like you! was it a newspaper or a chart? No I don't work for Shuttle. You are trying to make a political point since it looks like you work for Delta and you are pissed because they are flying a plane that you wish you didn't give up in scope.

You hate people like me - that would be people who expect (alleged) professionals to look and act professionally?

It was a newspaper. I'm not an idiot, and I have yet to see a chart covered in black and white news print, with headlines, color photos, and divided up into different sections. Yeah, based on 40+ years of living and 20+ years of professional flying, I'm pretty sure I can differentiate between a newspaper and a chart.

I don't work for Delta, and if you'd bothered to research my posts I've castigated mainline groups idiotic scope clauses. Forgive me for caring about my profession and your job (note that I did not say our profession, as you obviously don't give a darn).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back