Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tristar

..one in the wilderness
[FONT=&quot]An open note to the Shuttle America crew arriving KATL gate B20 on May 29th:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maybe you don't really care about how the airline pilot profession is perceived - that certainly appears to be the case. Even if you don't respect yourself, please quit embarrassing the rest of us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I really am not sure what part of having newspapers all over the glareshield as you taxied into the gate seemed like a good idea: Maybe you want the traveling public to know you are well informed. Perhaps you are keeping a canary in the cockpit and are using it as a liner. Maybe you are just too lazy to put it away. I don't know and frankly, I don't give a damn.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When you do things like this, YOU LOOK LIKE CLOWNS!!! It was not unnoticed (and commented on) by several passengers sitting in the food court next to the gate (and I can assure you, they weren't impressed by your devotion to current events). I've read dozens upon dozens of posts by regional pilots bemoaning the way they are perceived by both the traveling public and fellow aviators. No one else will respect you if you don't present a professional image. Also, I'm guessing if an FAA inspector had been passing by, he would have been less than impressed as well - but hey, maybe you really don't value the job that much.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s not like we’re debating wearing your i-Pod in the terminal – this tells everyone who looks at your aircraft, “I really don’t pay attention to the aircraft while I’m flying – I just kick back and read the paper, the autopilot will get us there.” Don’t bother explaining workload in cruise to me, I know – this was on the glareshield taxiing into the gate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you're a Shuttle America pilot and it wasn't you, please do what you can to shame your co-workers into displaying a bit more professionalism.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rant temporarily suspended . . .[/FONT]

Shut up, I hate people like you! was it a newspaper or a chart? No I don't work for Shuttle. You are trying to make a political point since it looks like you work for Delta and you are pissed because they are flying a plane that you wish you didn't give up in scope.

How does it even begin to look like he works for Delta other than the 757- and that's not coupled with the 767. Not a Deltoid.

I'd be pissed too if someone pulled into the gate with newspapers all over the glareshield. They look quite a bit different from charts.

I guess life is so good, the newspapers on the glareshield are worth all this attention.

Did they at least have a New York Times or was it all McPaper?

Did they at least have a New York Times or was it all McPaper?

Probably the McPaper as they are usually free from hotels And, you know....we pilots jump of "free" at every opportunity!:D

[FONT=&quot]this tells everyone who looks at your aircraft, “I really don’t pay attention to the aircraft while I’m flying – I just kick back and read the paper, the autopilot will get us there.”[/FONT]

Too bad the autopilot could not take this Shuttle America crew to the correct airport. They landed at the wrong airport 20 miles away from the intended destination.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/42803/us_airways_flight_lands_at_wrong_airport/index.html

[FONT=&quot]An open note to the Shuttle America crew arriving KATL gate B20 on May 29th:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Maybe you don't really care about how the airline pilot profession is perceived - that certainly appears to be the case. Even if you don't respect yourself, please quit embarrassing the rest of us.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I really am not sure what part of having newspapers all over the glareshield as you taxied into the gate seemed like a good idea: Maybe you want the traveling public to know you are well informed. Perhaps you are keeping a canary in the cockpit and are using it as a liner. Maybe you are just too lazy to put it away. I don't know and frankly, I don't give a damn.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When you do things like this, YOU LOOK LIKE CLOWNS!!! It was not unnoticed (and commented on) by several passengers sitting in the food court next to the gate (and I can assure you, they weren't impressed by your devotion to current events). I've read dozens upon dozens of posts by regional pilots bemoaning the way they are perceived by both the traveling public and fellow aviators. No one else will respect you if you don't present a professional image. Also, I'm guessing if an FAA inspector had been passing by, he would have been less than impressed as well - but hey, maybe you really don't value the job that much.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s not like we’re debating wearing your i-Pod in the terminal – this tells everyone who looks at your aircraft, “I really don’t pay attention to the aircraft while I’m flying – I just kick back and read the paper, the autopilot will get us there.” Don’t bother explaining workload in cruise to me, I know – this was on the glareshield taxiing into the gate.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you're a Shuttle America pilot and it wasn't you, please do what you can to shame your co-workers into displaying a bit more professionalism.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rant temporarily suspended . . .[/FONT]

Although this is hard to believe but if this did happen I think the industry is now informed. Did SA crew taxi in that way, or did they try to block the sun out of the cockpit once the a/c was parked and unloaded. When you seen this did you MAN UP and walk to the gate to let the crew know how visable it was and ask them to remove it. Clearly its not that far from where you were seated.

I do not condone what you described and I'm sure the crew did not mean to offend anyone or appear to be unprofessional. Maybe you should of politely made them aware at the time you saw this instead of waiting to post this using the airline name and crew. at least then the crew knows of there actions. Chances are they may not look at this site.

Your actions, and how you handled the situation are just as if not more Unprofessional than the actions of that shuttle america crew.

Last edited:
You are trying to make a political point since it looks like you work for Delta and you are pissed because they are flying a plane that you wish you didn't give up in scope.

I don't believe he mentioned who he worked for at all. But he did bring to light a very simple and sad truth.

There is a growing cadre of Regional Airline pilots who look, act and dress like they just left a keg party in college.

Sorry cool dudes and gals... Backpacks and Dr. Martins are hip when you're walking around campus... but not when you're a professional pilot at work.

Latest resources

Back