• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

kissing a... derriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
doesn't everybody in this thread know that freight guys are the best!

...HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION!

cjdriver said:
Flew corporate with a Delta furlough. Scared the bejeezes out of me several times. If it ain't 10000 feet long he's gonna scare you. And god help ya on the circle to land at Hilton Head, Jeesuus.

How sad you are...yet...you make me laugh. :puke:

All I can say is, turned final on the circle at the MDA and less than half a mile. You figure the descent angle. This was onto a wet runway by the way at HDX, not ATL. Look it up on Airnav if you've never been. Don't you airline guys practice the circles at recurrent?

Last edited:
cjdriver said:
All I can say is, turned final on the circle at the MDA and less than half a mile. You figure the descent angle.

Uh, just out of curiosity......why did you let the situation degrade to the above scenario? You are just as responsible for a gooned up approach as your co-pilot. Next time, lose the attitude & try a little CRM instead.

Archie, made the callouts and expressed my concern, and stopped short of taking control as I knew we would be able to stop. My point is; is that a stabilized approach, is that a preferrable way to arrive at the runway? The Delta furlough I was flying with was the chief pilot btw. I guess the real point I'm making is that corporate/fractional flying has different demands on your skills than most 121 flying, and not all Delta line pilots are cut out for it.

cjdriver said:
The Delta furlough I was flying with was the chief pilot btw. I guess the real point I'm making is that corporate/fractional flying has different demands on your skills than most 121 flying, and not all Delta line pilots are cut out for it.

What an arrogant statement. Do you have something against Delta pilots by any chance? Reason being is that your post comes across as a real put down to anyone that ever wore the widget wings on their chest. I flew at Delta for a number of years before coming to NJA, and I'm here to tell you that in 25 years of flying, I've never flown or trained with a more professional bunch of guys in my life.

I'm new at NJA, and I have a lot to learn about 91, 91K, and 135 flying, but I'm quite sure that I'll somehow adapt and overcome any obstacles in my way. Hopefully, I won't have anyone like you sitting in the other seat "scared" on an unstable or unsafe approach, yet somehow can't utter the words "I'm uncomfortable with this approach," or better yet, "go around."

Delta will probably be hiring in a couple of years, possibly sooner......maybe you could reapply and get lucky this time around. I'm sure they could use a guy with your expertise in the training dept to square them away.

I have no aspirations to fly for Delta, and yes from the few Delta guy's I've known I do have a bias against those individuals' autocratic, arrogant attitude. It has no place in the cockpit. And believe me, I and the guys you fly with will call go around when it's necessary. What will you do at that point, hopefully you'll swallow your pride and do the right thing? And yes, you will learn a lot flying fractional. Enjoy.

whats the difference between a Delta cockpit and a condom????

you can only fit one prick in a condom..

and the airline guy is right about paying for ones job.

ask the top half at netjets how much they paid for their jobs. Not until about 6 and a half years ago they paid for their jobs at net jets.

Last edited:
cjdriver said:
I have no aspirations to fly for Delta, and yes from the few Delta guy's I've known I do have a bias against those individuals' autocratic, arrogant attitude.

Then why are you badmouthing an entire pilot group? It makes you sound like a petty little whiner. Angry, bitter, and jealous is no way to go through life. That chip on your shoulder that you are carrying around is going to get real heavy at some point.

cjdriver said:
And believe me, I and the guys you fly with will call go around when it's necessary.

You mean like the time when you were "scared" on that circling approach with the furloughed Delta pilot? I guess you weren't scared enough to call a go around on that unstable or unsafe approach? Way to gut it out, Sparky.

cjdriver said:
What will you do at that point, hopefully you'll swallow your pride and do the right thing?

Uh, yeah.....I'm not the one sitting in the right seat scared to death letting the Capt continue an unstable approach, and then bitching about it here on flightinfo.

Next time, try being a little more assertive if you're uncomfortable....you know, that CRM thingy.

Latest resources

Back