King Airelines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are just starting out

I have known Dave King for a long time and also the Chief Pilot Bob Trout. If you are just starting out it is a starter job. King has had troubles in the past and was grounded by the FAA for a while. Since Bob Trout is there it is worth a gamble. Bob Trout is a retired FAA Inspector out of Vegas. Knows the ins and outs of every Vegas operator. He was the person in charge of designing the routes in the SFAR in the Grand Canyon and is well respected by the FAA. I really doubt Bob Trout will put his reputation on the line and do things contrary to FAR 135 regulations. If Bob trout is there I think you would be safe to fly there. Do your season and move on to better and greener pastures. Sh-t happens everywhere you go but I don't think Bob Trout is in it to kill you. He has a nice retirement income from the FAA and doesn't need the money. He is probally just doing it to keep active in aviation but I don't think he would look the other way if King was delibertly doing something unsafe. Bob Trout would just leave because he would have no touble finding a job in Las Vegas. Hell I would hire him as my Chief Pilot or DO if he was looking to get out of King.

Hiring at King Airelines

Hi,

I've seen King Airelines advertising new hire classes in February and now also March.

Do they have a shortage of pilots for the upcoming season? Anyone over there know how things are going?

Lots of good info above. Not much has changed as far as I can tell. They're still selling planes and downsizing the operation, dreaming of the day they'll be flying Caravans. Good news for you is that they have a high level of attrition and will continue to hire 3 or 4 times a year.

Two questions: Do you smoke, are you over 200 lbs? Answer no to both, put in a good resume (between 500 and 700 hours is what they like), and it helps if you already live in Las Vegas.

PM me with other questions, I don't work there, but I fly regularly out of HND and have friends at KING.

Latest resources

Back