Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KGMB Hawaii blows the lid on Mesa / go! and pilot fatigue!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stif...

Everyone knows, but as stated earlier no one cares. Nor has sympathy. Believe it or not, there are regular folk out there who work more hellacious schedules than pilots. They read this sort of thing and laugh.

Stif...

Everyone knows, but as stated earlier no one cares. Nor has sympathy. Believe it or not, there are regular folk out there who work more hellacious schedules than pilots. They read this sort of thing and laugh.

Exactly. John Q. Public reads the Mc Paper and thinks we all make $250,000 a year and work 80 hours TOTAL a month. Then he goes to his middle management office job and puts in 60 hours a WEEK. He finds it hard to feel sorry for us with our fatigue issues. He doesn't get it. Never will.

In a typical month, I spend 350 hours at work. This includes time in a hotel in East Bumblef***. Again, John Q. says "I travel, what's the big deal"? They don't get it.

No pilot wants the rest/duty time regulations to be changed more than I.

However, this issue will have to be addressed by pilots speaking with one voice though significant and expensive Congressional lobbying efforts. And that means ALPA.

100 pilots complaining about 100 different things that were all 100% legally scheduled will accomplish nothing, except make pilots look like a bunch of whinny she-dogs. Even though we KNOW that's not true, and the reality is far worse than most imagine.

Fact is though, a professional lobbyist (ALPA) can present a far better case and unified message than a bunch of dis-combulated stories.

It may also give "Go!" a black eye in front of the public, which I suppose will please many; I think in addition to giving fodder to some reporter looking for her next 2 minutes of quickly forgotten copy, maybe it would be best to forward some of the many horror-stories to ALPA-national as well.

We pressure ALPA, they write some checks and pressure Congress, then things MIGHT change.

IMHO.

Last edited:
sorry but getting alpa to do it is a pipe dream.

the rules will only change after the public/faa has had enough accidents. the only thing we can do is draw attention to the problem when we can and hope less it lessens the number of accidents required to make a rule change.

if anything at least we'll get some personal satisfaction out of the deal. i bet that guy with the crew track sheet is feeling a bit better now.... thats what i call therapy.

:)

Ornstein is a COMPLETE IDIOT for threatening Stacy Loe.

These bullies DO NOT threaten our girls in Hawaii and get away with it. Any locals in Hawaii who were on the fence or indifferent towards go! are not indifferent anymore.

Leisure travelers from afar are no longer as uninformed as in the past and less likely to be scammed by go! with the recent national coverage of this fiasco.

Throw JO down the well. Bye bye go! soon to be went!

Throw JO down the well. Bye bye go! soon to be went!
In my country there is problem,
And that problem is transport.
It take very very long,
Because US and A is big.

Throw transport down the well
So my country can be free
We must make travel easy
Then we’ll have a big party

In my country there is problem
And that problem is JO
He take everybody money
And he never give it back

Throw JO down the well
You must grab him by his horns
Then we have a big party

If you see JO coming
You must be carefull of his teeth
You must grab him by his money
And I tell you what to do

Throw JO down the well
You must grab him by his horns
Then we have a big party

Never has an inappropriate song about Jews by Borat been easier to change for my own purposes. :)

Also...

Ornstein is a COMPLETE IDIOT for threatening Stacy Loe.
Wouldya?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back