Key Lime Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
afonvin said:
if you get fired because of it ........ you broke a contract and you owe them $10,000

I don't think so. The court has no power to inforce a contract that requires an illegal act by one of the parties. Therefore if Keylime pressured you to break a reg/duty time and you refused and they fired you they would be the party breaching the terms of the contract. And due to the illegality of the act the court would be powerless to enforce a breach.

My info is old info... I talked to a FAA rep out there and they knew of Key Lime and their antics. It's an okay company. Lots of 'gotta fly/deliver the freight' thinking. Just be careful, know the wx and regs. Don't get yourself killed.

afonvin said:
14 Pilot just got letters from the FAA for duty time violations at Key Lime.
So currently only 42% of the pilots have problems with the FAA. Hey, at least the pay aint that bad!!!!!!

There where 9 Letters of Investigation....all dismissed with simple phone calls to the PIO

sa227Pilot said:
There where 9 Letters of Investigation....all dismissed with simple phone calls to the PIO

[FONT=&quot]you don't find it symptomatic of larger problems when nine pilots get letters regardless of the outcomes?[/FONT]

pilot error said:
[FONT=&quot]you don't find it symptomatic of larger problems when nine pilots get letters regardless of the outcomes?[/FONT]

Not when the problem was a POI misunderstanding of 135.265 duty time regs.

sa227Pilot said:

ONLY 9! Maybe every one but you has it wrong. Keyslime is a great place to work. What was I thinking of going to work for NetJets when I could have worked for keyslime.

posted by SA227pilot, "We do wear uniform here and you do have to pay for them. I can't think of many company's that give out uniforms for free."

I have worked for freight, commuter airline, and now air ambulance and they have all payed for the uniforms.

From the sound of the article, it was the pilot who inadvertanly entered the active.

Has nothing to do with the company. Everything to do with the pilot.

PFT bad: both Pay for training and Physical Fitness Test (to those OORAHers out there.)

Latest resources

Back