Key Lime Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYCPilot said:
So why are they hiring pilots rather than getting PFT SIC's? Trouble getting people to pay for SIC time?

Why hire and pay someone that is willing to pay to work?

eP.

ePilot22 said:
Why hire and pay someone that is willing to pay to work?

Exactly. It seems that they are lookign to hire a paid SIC instead of putting PFT's inthe right seat. Wonderingwhy they are hiring rather than using their PFT program. They must be having trouble getting people to fork over the money.

sa227Pilot said:
It wasn't Gunnision....it was between Alamosa and Durango near Pagosa Springs. My point being how can blame the COMPANY for Pilots choosing to fly up a valley and look at the Aspens?

The Spin I have no clue on. Not sure how they were even able to get a Navajo to do it.

I never said that Key Lime had a perfect record, just that, IMO, you can't hold the company responsible for pilots making bad choices.

Isn't the company the one that hires the pilot? It is the companies fault if they hire bad and or unprofessional pilots. I am pretty sure the FAA holds Key Lime responsible for their pilots making bad choices.

In 99 or 00 a navijo spun in and crashed just south of APA. It was on a training flight for a pft sic. Two deaths.

i think it speaks to the training and culture when one company bangs up so many planes. for a while they had metros scattered from rawlins to grand junction that had been run off the sides and ends of runways waiting for repairs and engines.

I worked at Key Lime and still have friends that work there. I would have to say this is the worst cargo company on earth to work for. If you fly to any airport, and the people working there actually know either of the two owners, they automatically hate the company! If you want a courtesy car, free GPU start with gas purchase or any other basic service you are not going to get them unless you call for the company credit card number. It is the FBO owners’ way of getting revenge. The VP and President are the biggest arrogant jerks. The president was actually beat up by his SIC after one flight.
The training program is a whole new issue. The pass rate for the metro upgrade is 18% or less. It is a number the VP is actually proud of. To me a pass rate of 18% indicates the training program sucks. The last two people that went thru the training program didn’t make it. One just threw his hands in the air and walked away. I believe the VP wants you to fail your check ride, that way you will have a harder time getting a job somewhere else and you are stuck at Key Lime.
The only reason most the pilot stay is due to a 1 year training contract. If you quit or get fired before the contract is fulfilled you can count on the company serving you papers! You will owe them $10,000 for crappy training and a couple failures on your record. Oh yea, they make you sign the contract before you start training. Most of the current Navajo and 404 pilots don’t want to upgrade to the Metro, because of these training and contract issues. Hence the ad for Metro pilots on climb to 350.
Come work at Key Lime, if you want a FAA violation. They company has no problem selling you out to the feds to keep the company out of hot water. The last time I checked, three pilots were being violated. Two pilots are fighting the issues in court. If the training was better, these pilots wouldn’t have been violated. If you are looking to get proficient at ramp checks, come to Key Lime. You will have the chance to experience may of them. You might even get to know you local FISDO guys on a first name bases. The Feds watch this place like a hawk!
Come work for Key Lime, if you are an arrogant jerk. You will have something in common with the owners; you will become friends and get promoted. Heck they might not ask you to self disclose to the FAA, if you mess up.
Another thing this company does that blows me away. They have a bonus system set up. You can earn an extra $100.00 a month. Pilots are placed into small teams with 4 to 6 people in each team. If any member on your team doesn’t show up on time, forgets to call in flight times at the end of the day, doesn‘t sweep out and wipe down the aircraft. Each pilot on the team gets money deducted from his/her bonus. Thus the pilots are always pissed at each other for not making the full bonus. It makes for a real healthy work relationship with you coworkers. So not only does the company hate you, Feds watch you, but your fellow pilots are pissed at each other.
So why does Key Lime have so many accidents? Because only one type of pilot will stay working for them, due to horrible training and the horrible company culture. These “cowboy pilot” do not care about anything and become the standard pilot at Key Lime. So is Key Lime responsible for the deaths of two pilot looking at aspens, you betcha. Key Lime is responsible for breading this type of pilot culture and still allowing these type of pilots to work for them.
Give you an example of the “cowboy pilot”. One pilot doesn’t look at his gas before leaving, thus he has a tendency of running out of gas. So another pilot has been put in charge of checking his fuel to make sure he has enough before leaving. At least they don’t want the guy to kill himself. No, I take that back, they do not want another accident/incidents on there certificate.
Heck here is one more “cowboy pilot” example;
http://www.westword.com/Issues/2002-04-18/news/offlimits.html
Do you think Key Lime would rehire this guy after pulling such a stunt? Heck yeah they would, because he fits into the culture at the company, and they need pilots!
Just one more article for you;
http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/2004/feb/m05-027.shtml
In conclusion if you are arrogant; a cowboy pilot; a person that wants violations; or just want to get stuck into job you hate because of a training contract, come work and live the dream at Key Slime. You will even have time to determine which pilot type you are during your four days off per month.
Hey sa227pilot, which pilot type are you? Bet you are one of those arrogant jerks working his way up the ladder, and friends with the VP and President?
P.S. sa227pilot, you opened Pandora’s box in a public forum. I love it, lets debate!!

Hey sa227pilot, I just figured out who you are. Why is it when you cover someone’s run and the normal pilot comes back. All the people at the FBO have to ask, “Who was that a-hole flying in here while you were gone?”

You will make a wonderful assistant chief pilot!!

That's the funniest sh$t I've heard in a while....I think you would fit into Quest's corporate culture more so than Key lime. So what did you get violated for? forget the cargo net? How did you fail the checkride? Hhahahahahahha

afonvin said:
Hey sa227pilot, I just figured out who you are. Why is it when you cover someone’s run and the normal pilot comes back. All the people at the FBO have to ask, “Who was that a-hole flying in here while you were gone?”

You will make a wonderful assistant chief pilot!!

Are you done? I'd say you quit on last monday If I had to guess.

Have a nice life....hope all goes well for ya in court.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back