Kelly: SWA costs too high

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by DeucesWild
I think if you "listen between the lines", GK just asked for concessions.

Gary is way ahead of all you guys. He would like nothing more that for every airline that is now/or soon to be, negotiating a contract to use his statement to give less to there pilots. Then his dirty work is done for him w/ the bar being lowered.

Ironic how so many get joy in GK words ( wanting to see pain on SWA pilots). Most might want to be concerned about what is now going to happen in there own house. GK is playing chess, while you guys are playing checkers.

Well, to be completely honest, 99% of the stuff that pilots spout advice on in this forum (in the form of gospel, I might add) is crap. If we could actually run an airline (or any business), we'd be doing it instead of this, and making more money.

For the most part, pilots should stick with what they do best: flying airplanes, drinking beer, and hitting on flight attendants. Giving worldly advice in an authoritative manner should be only be done to gullible folks who don't know you, ie. NOT other pilots.

Back to the beer.....

Bubba

You've got a valid point Sir!!

I consistantly fly 80-85 hours a month. The last couple months have been closer to 80, and in the late Spring and into Summer I am closer to 90. So, I average about 85 a month. Throw in 4 weeks of vacation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well at your top 75/76 rate at 85 hours, that would be $126,480 for the year. A top rate SWA FO would only have to fly 71 hours a month to equal that total. Or they could fly like you and bring home $24,000 more. You can fly your "extra work days" at Deltoid, I'll keep my quality of life at Southwest and throw in my 4 weeks of vacation.

I love the fact that you guys get paid a lot of money. But to constantly harp on how much you make is gauche (Google it!).

Save it for the 3Gs you date. Perhaps they're impressed. We're not.

I love it when pilots think they know how to run airlines....makes for good comedy!!!

I hate it when pilots continue to wish for hardship on other members of our profession instead of campaigning to raise the bar for all aviators....makes for pathetic discussions!!!

Latest resources

Back