• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kelly: SWA costs too high

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks General. I know u were supportive of us during the whole integration so thank u. Maybe a SW guy can verify but in their quarterly brief I read mentioned sick calls have cost the company $ Fatigue calls increased as well so my guess is instead of pay cuts there will be some changes to work rules vs hourly rates. I skimmed the article in order to give it back to the owner. Lots of good press about the 800 which is why I brought it up.

We have the lowest fatigue rates in the industry because of our work rules. Fact.

I have a good idea, how about charging a fair price for the ticket! Instead of this $69.0 stuff, why not charge a more reasonable price, based on operating cost? I guess we'll see how SW does with some stiff competition and less hedges!

You can only charge more when customers are willing to pay for it.
And all this is pre-cabotage. Once that is approved its a whole new ballgame.

I have a good idea, how about charging a fair price for the ticket! Instead of this $69.0 stuff, why not charge a more reasonable price, based on operating cost? I guess we'll see how SW does with some stiff competition and less hedges!

$69....yea right...everytime I try to get one of those fairs for my family they're sold out...but we can buy a higher priced ticket....then we end up using LCC since they cost less.

$69....yea right...everytime I try to get one of those fairs for my family they're sold out...but we can buy a higher priced ticket....then we end up using LCC since they cost less.
I read some where that SWA made its profit on filling 2.7 over wise empty seats on each flight with those $59 seats. You will find these prices are the low travel days , Tues, Wed Thurs, Sat, How about Spirit $9.00 fares DTW-MCO, but you find all fares MCO-DTW $200+ for the next few weeks.

I think pilots determining how much a ticket is "supposed" to cost is about the same as the VP for marketing telling a pilot how much aileron and rudder to use in a strong gusty crosswind. Your kinda like "gee thanks".

Well, to be completely honest, 99% of the stuff that pilots spout advice on in this forum (in the form of gospel, I might add) is crap. If we could actually run an airline (or any business), we'd be doing it instead of this, and making more money.

For the most part, pilots should stick with what they do best: flying airplanes, drinking beer, and hitting on flight attendants. Giving worldly advice in an authoritative manner should be only be done to gullible folks who don't know you, ie. NOT other pilots.

Back to the beer.....

Bubba

Latest resources

Back