Kelly: SWA costs too high

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What cuts do you refer to?

If you're talking about moving planes and employees over to Southwest, then sure.

If you're talking about some kind of wage cuts, then, ummm, well, good luck with that (as in I don't think the AirTran pilots are in the mood to give back much of anything).

I would say some Airtran guys STILL HAVE HARD FEELINGS. Good luck guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I don't think that is the case. I believe what is going on, your subsidized flying (small cities that have been cut) is been shifted to our network to feed SWA side customers to the international destinations. You will see the AT's planes optimize big time. Get ready for ATL-SFO-LAX first day, and 5-6 legs a day two on the west coast, then day three SNA-SJD-SNA-SJD-SNA, then day four SNA-SFO-ATL. Get ready to work bro.

That sound great. But, you forgot ATL to MCI-STL-CLE-DTW the first day, then DTW-BWI-MCO-ISP-MDW the next, then MDW-ALB-BWI-BUF-BWI-ORF the next, and then finally ORF-BWI-PBI-PHL-ATL the last, all in snowy weather with deicing. Sounds FUN!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Genny don't stir the pot! I heard that the retirements you talk about at delta is only going to be half because of reduction and bigger airplanes. 737-900er fill it like a -700 and still make money plus less pilots. Good luck.

That sound great. But, you forgot ATL to MCI-STL-CLE-DTW the first day, then DTW-BWI-MCO-ISP-MDW the next, then MDW-ALB-BWI-BUF-BWI-ORF the next, and then finally ORF-BWI-PBI-PHL-ATL the last, all in snowy weather with deicing. Sounds FUN!

Bye Bye--General Lee

That wouldn't ever happen to me, since I am not MDW based!

Not hard feelings, just saying pay cuts wouldn't be a well-received request.

No need to stir the pot, General, we're doing just fine over here, thanks.

Not hard feelings, just saying pay cuts wouldn't be a well-received request.

No need to stir the pot, General, we're doing just fine over here, thanks.

No cuts are coming. From either side. If anything profit-sharing will be up late 2012 going strong in 2013.

We won't know until March. The system bid will only give us what aircraft and seats we're going into.

In March they will start taking pilots and it will be out of ATL first, and only by the bid (seniority based from certain seats, 737 pilots first).

Later in the year, they will start pulling down MCO 737's and MKE, again in a bid system. Who, how, and when people will move will not be really forecastable much in advance...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh, GENERAL CHEESE, you're so funny (humerous.) It's crazy how when every time I fly in the Winter there is a winter storm from Michigan to Florida. Crazy El Nino!!!!

Good thing you don't have to worry about that in Cairo!!! Good on ya!!!

Beat Super Mario yet? FANTASTIC?

BTW, Any news on your 23% raise?

Latest resources

Back