• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure about the 400 lines. Rumors abound, though.

I haven't been here all that long, but so far I have found a line holder's schedule to be somewhat more reliable than a reserve. Even if you end up off of your scheduled line, they seem to keep the line holders moving before the reserve guys. Basically I treat every schedule I get as a mystery tour. I leave on one day, return on another, and who knows what will happen in between.

I went to a Miami job fair and got called for an interview within a couple of weeks. Got the good news letter about a week after the interview.

Sorry to hear about Aloha. If Kalitta doesn't work out, I hope you find something else that you like soon. Feel free to fire away any other questions.

Ditto, I went to the same job fair and was in line with B-dog, what up JJ?

I have been in MIA for 24 days, America do Sul baby, good times!

Aloha, good luck dude.

Rumor for 400 may be HK to ANC, then EWR-BAH, stuff like that.

It's all a guess now.

Same pay

North - South runs and just a few hours from your door. Nicely done. I have been bidding reserve, trying to get the house sold. Flew 10 hours last month. 1 landing. 6 R4s. It was a rough month. I have to get out more before I end up divorced.

Much much thanks for all of your info. I'm just another Aloha guy trying to find work.

sorry, more questions:
Are the -400 lines expected to be better/worse/same as the classic's? Same Pay?

It sounds like there is a great amount of flexibility that the co has with regards to the pilot's schedule. Do they only do that to the Reserves, or the line-holders' schedules are never reliable too?

Any ideas how I can get the call sooner for an interview? How long was your wait? Thanks again.
Get your stuff in, I don't think this is the end of the airline shut down. If I where a betting man I would say there will be a few more before the music stops.

Get your stuff in, I don't think this is the end of the airline shut down. If I where a betting man I would say there will be a few more before the music stops.

Me thinks the same. My stuff is already in, and I'm gonna go to the Miami Job fair this Sat. Other than Captain Paul Bishop, are there other names I should be aware of?

Also, how senior are those LA-HNL-HKG runs?

Mahalo

Me thinks the same. My stuff is already in, and I'm gonna go to the Miami Job fair this Sat. Other than Captain Paul Bishop, are there other names I should be aware of?

Mahalo

that's it man....he's the man.

senior, luck of the draw.

I think Kalitta is getting a bunch of resumes from Aloha, ATA etc. pilots. I have had two friends from ATA call for help getting on here. I think there is going to be some fierce competition for those trying to get hired. Good luck to all.

I have not heard that anyone is getting "special treatment" but we have 61 crews and need 100 to be even without the extra aircraft comin on line. I have heard that the KAL ACMI contract will probably be coming up for bid again. Which could replace the Asiana contract from last year.

Mahalo
When I went, Heath Nichol was also there, he works in the training dept. The LA-HNL line is currently pretty senior, but since it quit going to HKG this month, I imagine that might change.

"Rumor Has It" that the ATA guys are gonna get pref interviews. Don't hold me to it.

Gotta love listening to rumars! The reality is, if there are a few guys with "heavy" International experience they may get the nod before a CRJ guy. Don't dispare, we will continue to hire. There is no requirement for heavy international, but it is nice when they come!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back