• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mine ran about 70 hours. Much of that was driven by the need for landings and having to do both an Atlantic and a Pacific crossing. I was told that wasn't too much worse that typical. They may have been trying to be polite though.

He is or was a classic guy, we where told that he was in DEN on Company Business. FTI is a part 142 school training in the 400.

He is or was a classic guy, we where told that he was in DEN on Company Business. FTI is a part 142 school training in the 400.
GP is a classic guy, but he's auditing the 400 GS in DEN. (Would make him a switch hitter?)
Training is being done by PanAm, also a 142 school.
Word is that the training will move in-house at the earliest opportunity.

Really?!? The voice of experience or conjecture?

I was finished in a month with IOE after my PC. So were most of the guys I knew. Some had a few weeks off between their PC and going out on IOE, waiting for a Check Airman to be free. Some guys needed a longer time out to get the hang of the airplane. However, I have seen no instances of the company taking advantage of guys on training pay, contrary to the rumors out there.

It's the voice of experience. Almost two months until my first OE flight. Close to three months since PC still haven't been out for second flight. It could be just how the cards fell. Alot of OE guys are going to the 400 so who knows.

Save some money if your going to KA you will be on training pay for a long time. They have 120 days from your pt/pc to finish your IOE and they will use it all. That means training pay until IOE is complete.

I think three IOE LCA's went to the 400 on April 1. I expect it will take almost five months to go from day one of class until the completion of IOE. I could have be some where else waiting to be unemployed. I am happy with the decision and will go when I get called.

Not trying to discourage anyone from applying or coming to work here I think it's a good place. I just wanted those who do and those who will to have a little money saved because it may take a little longer to get on the line. Especially now with some of the OE CA's transition to the 400. Good luck to all and godspeed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back