Kalitta Interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guam360
Do you travel with a board? I kept one in San Diego. It's still sitting there as a result of our sudden shutdown. PM if you're ever in HNL and want to paddle out. I'll let you have all the waves if you get someone to look at my resume.

I see we have a 400 and a classic class starting May 12th. It appears we have classic classes starting every five weeks.

War Zones

I heard that you guys are forced to fly into war zones/Hostile areas, namely Kabul and that it is not on a voluntary basis and against the Crewmembers and Unions will. You have 2 choices. 1) Do the flight or 2) Get fired if you don't. Also that there is no extra pay for flying into a war zone/Hostile area. Is this true.

Afgan trips are few and far between. Most guys have never been there. Most trips are basically uneventful. This job ain't for everyone

I heard that you guys are forced to fly into war zones/Hostile areas, namely Kabul and that it is not on a voluntary basis and against the Crewmembers and Unions will. You have 2 choices. 1) Do the flight or 2) Get fired if you don't. Also that there is no extra pay for flying into a war zone/Hostile area. Is this true.

These trips do come up at times. It is true that these flights are not voluntary. The union is trying to change that. I don't think you would get fired for not flying it, but you better have a good reason for turning it down.

Also like you said there is no extra pay for this type of flying.

I don't think you would get fired for not flying it, but you better have a good reason for turning it down.

I think one can have every expectation of getting fired, whereas memo's and company policy says just that. Failure to fire for refusing a trip would set a precedent that could cause the company a lot of trouble...it's in their best interest to fire to enforce the standard. Think about it. It's certainly grievable, but do you want to be in that position in the first place?

Oh c'mon. Kabul (with or without gunfire) is at least interesting. Des Moines is boring. If you don't want adventurous flying, stay with American Eagle and enjoy 20 trips to Moline every month. Borrrrrrrrrrring......

Does KA and similar cargo companies flying the classics hire as FEs first or can I go straight into an FO position?

Latest resources

Back