• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Interviewing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In regards to life insurance policy and war zone exclusions etc. I'd recommend reading the policy and getting the facts. My policy was under-written a while back and the only provision about this is in regards to the payment of premiums after disability rider.

I hear a bunch of recent newhires got 747-400 class slots. What were their backgrounds? Regional and military?

When do the 400s start operating on the line?

What were their backgrounds? Regional and military?

Try 737/57/67 captains. Heard yesterday from Asst. Chief that 4000 is the absolute min TT for apps. and that most new hires are averaging 10,000+ TT with int'l experience. Referred a friend from Aloha with less than 4000 but with time in both the -200 and -700. No dice. My how things have changed in a year.

What were their backgrounds? Regional and military?

Try 737/57/67 captains. Heard yesterday from Asst. Chief that 4000 is the absolute min TT for apps. and that most new hires are averaging 10,000+ TT with int'l experience. Referred a friend from Aloha with less than 4000 but with time in both the -200 and -700. No dice. My how things have changed in a year.

It's all about timing. For the past couple of years, all that was out there were 4000 hour Regional guys. Good opportunity for them. With the shutdown and immediate furlough and several guys with a sh**load of heavy PIC time, it is a "no brainer" the company can for the first time be a bit picky. Again, in this business......timing!!

It's all about timing. For the past couple of years, all that was out there were 4000 hour Regional guys. Good opportunity for them. With the shutdown and immediate furlough and several guys with a sh**load of heavy PIC time, it is a "no brainer" the company can for the first time be a bit picky. Again, in this business......timing!!

Yeah, that completely sucks. I was waiting till the end of the summer when I'd have 1000 TPIC and the was going to apply. Guess I'll rethink that plan.

quality of life

Hi, I am a ExpressJet emb145 Capt.. Wondering what the quality of life is like there at Kalitta Cargo?? I live in Allen Park. Which is about a 30 minute drive from YIP. In fact I use to work for what use to be Kitty Hawk charters, which is now Kalitta Charters 2.

How many days off? Days on? average hours worked a month?? How much can you expect to make there first year?? How long to upgrade??

Thanks,

Christian

Who is Kalitta Cargo?

Kalitta Charters, Kalitta Charters II, Kalitta Air, LLC...who is Kalitta Cargo?

How long to upgrade...really depends on you, doesn't it? Minimum time to be eligible has been averaging a year to a year and a half. The success rate of those who attempt, however, has not been stellar.

17 days on each month...whatever is left of the month off. Quality of life is rather subjective, don't you think? How much can you expect to make? See the pay scales at airlinepilotcentral.com

Latest resources

Back