Kalitta Charters 2/IFL/Murray-National/Others

Total Time
11+ooo
Any-one know the latest on these ops??? With cargo being slow I guess they are not looking for crews. I am looking for either DC8 or DC9 work but with all the poor Astar blokes good luck. And is Murray-National flying a Herc?

I know things are bad and I wish everyone the best in these really trying times. If I hear of anything I will post. There is still some work overseas but really crappy places like Africa/Middle East.

Cheers.

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
Any-one know the latest on these ops??? With cargo being slow I guess they are not looking for crews. I am looking for either DC8 or DC9 work but with all the poor Astar blokes good luck. And is Murray-National flying a Herc?

I know things are bad and I wish everyone the best in these really trying times. If I hear of anything I will post. There is still some work overseas but really crappy places like Africa/Middle East.

Cheers.
Obviously you know nothing about flying in the middle east

dutch747

Total Time
Obviously you know nothing about flying in the middle east

Obviously YOU know nothing about the Middle East/Africa.

Everybody has an opinion that everyone may or may not agree with. Why flame?

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
Obviously YOU know nothing about the Middle East/Africa.

Everybody has an opinion that everyone may or may not agree with. Why flame?
not flaming man been here 18 years think I know a bit about the middle east..Africa..I'll give you that one...

pilotyip

Total Time
Jobs

One of pilots just got hired by a DC-9 operator out of Kenya as an F/O on a DC-9-34F. two months on one month off, 8K/mo. Murray (National) was going to have a DC-8 class next week, but rumor is that is has been postphoned

Last edited:

Detroitpilot

Total Time
>5K
We're still chugging along. There is a DC-8 class coming up, but they've already hired for it. The Herc is hired help from elsewhere. All of our flying right now is based in the Middle East. Trying times...

pilotyip

Total Time
but no date

We're still chugging along. There is a DC-8 class coming up, but they've already hired for it. The Herc is hired help from elsewhere. All of our flying right now is based in the Middle East. Trying times...
From what I hear from guys in the next class there is no date, just a future idea

bobs98tlr

Total Time
some
How about IFL...i see alot of scheduled runs. Saw a convair in DFW the other night and looked it up. Appears that its a scheduled run from ELP. Any IFL guys around for some insite as to how things are going/looking/hiring?

Skip06

Total Time
enough
Regarding National (Murray). Its gonna happen. Two USA Jet guys and one or two ATA guys plus an Engineer of two. Sooner rather than later.

Gearmonkey

Total Time
Murray/Nat'l

All of our flying right now is based in the Middle East. Trying times...
I've heard a couple mechanics interviewing to go over there for you guys. I also heard a DC-10 was coming to the fleet, is that true?

Detroitpilot

Total Time
>5K
I've heard a couple mechanics interviewing to go over there for you guys. I also heard a DC-10 was coming to the fleet, is that true?
It's made it past the idea concept once, but when it shows up on the ramp it will be true. Beyond that I can't speculate.

CMI

folgers from a tube sock
Total Time
ATP
[FONT=&quot]The word on the street is IFL pulled a Falcon out of MFE and now has some scheduled runs out of SDF. The crews have a month on month off schedule. I also heard they bought three Falcons from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricoastal [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and are trying to get one running correctly. [/FONT]

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
[FONT=&quot]I also heard they bought three Falcons from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricoastal [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and are trying to get one running correctly. [/FONT]
Trying to get former Tricoastal aka Grand Aire airplanes to run correctly......good luck with that!:D

Way2Broke

Total Time
[FONT=&quot]The word on the street is IFL pulled a Falcon out of MFE and now has some scheduled runs out of SDF. The crews have a month on month off schedule. I also heard they bought three Falcons from [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tricoastal [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and are trying to get one running correctly. [/FONT]
What do they plan on doing with that Falcon and is there going to be any hiring because of the growth?

pilotyip

Total Time
scheduled runs

What do they plan on doing with that Falcon and is there going to be any hiring because of the growth?
I understand they have all of thier Falcons on scheduled runs for UPS. The USA Jet Falcon did three trips in the last 5 days.

CMI

folgers from a tube sock
Total Time
ATP

They had a posting on climb to 350 a couple of months ago for falcon drivers out of SDF. Don’t know much more, no longer an Eifel driver.