• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes they got away with it last time because there were a lot of guys on probation that the company threatened to fire if the union grieved it. Not gonna happen this time around and they know it!

Nice one Lion!!!! dude we are on the same team!!! everyone on property should be off probation no later than around April '13. This will all work out, this time!

Depends on how low they want to staff the classic. If they can get away with not hiring they will since my gut tells me the classics will be going away faster than planned. My homey tells me all 3 400's will be on property by Feb. I hope he is right.

good luck to you

If all three 400's show up?

it's possible. currently at 16 FO's per plane, there may not be that many 'on the property' -200 FO's to bid for it.

we'll see how this bid comes out on the 3rd to get a better idea of how my opinion goes..

yes, Good luck to all that want the opportunity!!

If all three 400's show up?

I believe they would have to reach out and hire, the numbers. 5 crews per classic and 7 crews per 400. Each 400 draws all your CA's plus two more. Each 400 draws all your FO's plus NINE more. A two to one still leaves you FO's short.

Depends on how low they want to staff the classic. If they can get away with not hiring they will since my gut tells me the classics will be going away faster than planned. My homey tells me all 3 400's will be on property by Feb. I hope he is right.

good luck to you

there have been statements about that before concerning staffing. If they don't have enough 200 FOs because they bid the 400, they'll park those planes to get a 400 in the air.

Last edited:
By removing the 16 FO's from the the classic bid triangle
It leaves the classic with 48 FO's. Two more 400 bids and
It leaves the classic with 16 active FO's on the triangle.

By removing the 16 FO's from the the classic bid triangle
It leaves the classic with 48 FO's. Two more 400 bids and
It leaves the classic with 16 active FO's on the triangle.

this is going to be fun to watch !

I need to amend my previous post slightly it would leave 19 FO's and for the CA's side they would come down from 83 (training included in this number) to 59. At 5 crews per airframe that would be enough for 4 airframes. I believe that we will using 6 to 7 classics for another year or two, so something will have to happen. I think we will stay at 40 to 45 people per seat for a bit.

Latest resources

Back