• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just passed on NetJets class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there was a good article in the USA today's destinations section about living in Dubai.. weekend edition

Did a couple of years at NJA before the current contract. Not a bad job, but it wasn't THAT great. Some of the irritants have since been fixed. But, it's still a fractional job, which is a lot like flying Part 135 charter. IHMO, a good corporate gig is a lot better, both in pay and in lifestyle. But, if I was again 26 and single I'd go to Dubai in a flash. I did a fair amount of overseas flying as an expatriate in my youth and had the best time of my life while doing it. The money was pretty good too!

The Middle East won't be booming forever, so be ready to follow the job market to a different location when the money well dries up.

Thats why the UAE is a different kind of Middle East Animal. They know their oil is going to be gone within the next 40 to 50 years. Tourism is their main focus.

Some amazing stuff their doing.
http://www.theworld.ae/

Ha, no I did not seriously consider the women in my decision. (OK maybe a little bit)
Ill be leaving Friday, Ill keep in touch and let you guys know how its going.
And fortunately I have some pretty serious contacts at NJA I was told that if I want the job in the future to just call her back, go through a few formalities and get into class.

Women?

Honestly, I would not even bother coming back to the states for my four weeks off. I would just hang out in Europe for 4 weeks and throw down. I hear there are girls in Europe...no?

Yeah, but they're hairy and they stink.:pimp:

This place is amazing!! I am having a blast. I feel that once word gets out a little more about how we are treated over here the US will be losing many more pilots to this part of the world.

SIU I think your job sounds like it would be a blast!! What are the mins to get hired over there? I checked out their website but nothing was posted...so where have you been to in your first week?

In my first week I have not flown, just getting acclimated and trying to find a place to live. It is hot out here!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back