Just Flew Go-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
I'm a "consumer" and Wal Mart offers the cheapest prices on many products, but I refuse to purchase anything there because of the way they treat their employees. Maybe not what a cheapskate "consumer" would do, but I can sleep soundly knowing that I didn't help Wal Mart destroy lives. Just saying that you're a "consumer" isn't enough. Consumers can still be intelligent and ethical. Supporting HoJets makes you neither of the above.

Sorry, but PFT is as bad as it gets, so you are being a hypocrite. You had no problem doing it when it benefitted you, but now you have a problem because someone else is looking out for their best interest. I certainly understand the ire the TSA pilots have with go-somewhere-jets, but you have no leg to stand on wrt. this issue!

PBRstreetgang said:
Well,
For a 15 year TWA guy, that sucks that APLA couldn't dictate how business was conducted at a failing company, even worse that they couldn't dictate how a company that bought said failing company, absorbed those assets. I am not ALPA, nor am I AA, I can understand your bitterness and being pi$$ed off but reality must prevail, ALPA does not run companies. Now back to the issue, sure Hulas can run a semi competent company, he hired people who have no clue about the industry, give them a while to come up to speed and see how bad they have it. "Nice clean", easy when the planes are new, 6 months to a year before they will smell like sweaty a$$ and curry, just like the rest of his airplanes. I flew the J32 for him and still can smell those planes in my memory.
PBR

So...was there a point in there somewhere?

No change from the other day. Still consider the Go-Jets experience a great one. Will do it again.

Speaking of points spud, let me try and grasp yours. You flew in the back of a UEX jet, operated by yours truly, and you are impressed by the fact that they got you to your destination on time and upright.

Well, pardon us if we aren't all giddy with exitement but I have a student with 10 and a 1/2 hrs of time who can fly a plane from point A to point B in a relatively smooth fashion, land it, and even take off again and come home in the same fashion. If given enough time, I could teach a monkey to accomplish the same task. What on earth is your point? They are pilots for a 121 carrier. They must meet MINIMUM standards, as do you and I. I would certainly EXPECT that they could do their job in a more or less average manner.

I hate to break the bad news to you but your post has nothing to do with the issue.

airjackson said:
Speaking of points spud, let me try and grasp yours. You flew in the back of a UEX jet, operated by yours truly, and you are impressed by the fact that they got you to your destination on time and upright.

Well, pardon us if we aren't all giddy with exitement but I have a student with 10 and a 1/2 hrs of time who can fly a plane from point A to point B in a relatively smooth fashion, land it, and even take off again and come home in the same fashion. If given enough time, I could teach a monkey to accomplish the same task. What on earth is your point? They are pilots for a 121 carrier. They must meet MINIMUM standards, as do you and I. I would certainly EXPECT that they could do their job in a more or less average manner.

I hate to break the bad news to you but your post has nothing to do with the issue.

And your point is......what?

They were professional. Did a great job. Saved me $$. Perfect.

rspilot said:
I agree with 100 LL....game over you all lost and ****

********************* will win.....

Game? I guess you joined the "winning" team. Its a career for professionals and the only part of it that is like a game is how you g0jet fools got played by tsah management to join a whipsaw airline with promises of quick upgrades.

You lose everyday that you work there and never being to get rid of the g0jet label.

Dizel8 said:
Sorry, but PFT is as bad as it gets, so you are being a hypocrite. You had no problem doing it when it benefitted you, but now you have a problem because someone else is looking out for their best interest. I certainly understand the ire the TSA pilots have with go-somewhere-jets, but you have no leg to stand on wrt. this issue!

I am sympathetic with the TSA pilots - thy're situation is unfortunate.

But I also have to laugh at PCL. He lives in a glass house, but feels fine throwing stones.

It must really bug him that he will never know what it is like to be regarded as a real professional who piad their dues, intstead of a PFT kiddie.

He reminds me of the weasely hanger-on in the mafia movies. You know the one: They guy who is a craven coward, but likes to feel like he's a mob tough-guy.

PCL's bashing of those with his same mindset is a naked attempt to wash the PFT stain off his hands. He must feel that if he bashes GJ and PFT hard enough, he will somehow redeem himself for his part in the problem.

It was ME FIRST all the way for him, but he begrudges others the same sentiment.

redbook said:
Game? I guess you joined the "winning" team. Its a career for professionals and the only part of it that is like a game is how you g0jet fools got played by tsah management to join a whipsaw airline with promises of quick upgrades.

You lose everyday that you work there and never being to get rid of the g0jet label.

I'm not HAPPY that the profession is being degraded. What I am is frustrated that the profession continues to refuse to prevent low-time marginally qualified people to flood the regionals, which diminishes the ability to make a real wage.

The profession cannot protect itself with contracts alone. We NEED HIGHER STANDARDS.

We need to find a way to keep the gulfstream types from contaminating the industry.

The airline idustry sucks, and this thread proves my point one again!!! My furlough wound up to be a blessing in disguise!!!:beer:

Latest resources

Back