Just Flew Go-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100LL,

So your saying that someone with another couple hundred hours or so of dual given will know so much more about the industry, and in turn will not fly for the current wages and raise the standard for everyone? Ehhh, with all due respect, I dont buy it. The guy with 500hrs and the guy with 1800hrs are going to do the same thing, fly for the same company, fly for the same wages, because they both need a job. I knew plenty of CFI's, banner towers, whatever they may be, that had upwards of 2000hrs or so and would have taken that initial $19/hr regional job when it popped up, just like the 500hr guy, because they had to move on. ( I am not saying the 500hr guy had to "move on", thats just the situation they were presented with). I agree something needs to be done, but the low time of a new hire isnt whats driving down wages, in my opinion. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding you.

100LL... Again! said:
Tossing the "S" word around again, I see.

What amazes me the most is that every airline pilot I talk to, I ask them their opinion of GJ. Most have never heard of them and don't care either way.

Face it - game's up. Feel free to continue screaming, though.

I agree, I never heard of them until about a year ago and to this day I still don't care. The guys on the line I hear bitching about them, are new hire F/O's who think they know everything. Otherwise, all the other pilots have their own BS going on at their own airline they have to worry about.
Not worrying about some guy who took a non-union job at a start up airline. Spin it how ever you want, they aren't scabs. Freedom A-listers guys arent scabs.
But this is the iPod, MP3, rollerblading, backpack wearing generation adding their ERAU, UND, SIU & GIA education to the mix of things.

But you have to realize, that Flightinfo posters are a VERY small percentage of the World's pilot group, they just happen to be the most negative group out there. They can come here, bitch and complain all day long because they can hide behind a little screen name to avoid their real identity.

100LL... Again! said:
But I also have to laugh at PCL. He lives in a glass house, but feels fine throwing stones.

It must really bug him that he will never know what it is like to be regarded as a real professional who piad their dues, intstead of a PFT kiddie.

He reminds me of the weasely hanger-on in the mafia movies. You know the one: They guy who is a craven coward, but likes to feel like he's a mob tough-guy.

PCL's bashing of those with his same mindset is a naked attempt to wash the PFT stain off his hands. He must feel that if he bashes GJ and PFT hard enough, he will somehow redeem himself for his part in the problem.

It was ME FIRST all the way for him, but he begrudges others the same sentiment.
PCL has done more damage to this industry than the GJ guys have. This guy has taken the job away from a paid pilot, and offered to PAY the company "X" ammount of money each year to fly that airplane. All so he could move up to another regional that flies Shiny Jets, and pays $18k a year.
But he wants to bash a start up airline, that was non ALPA affliated from the begining, and say that those pilots are bringing down the industry.
PCL is a child, he is a coward. He has no work ethic, he will just pay everyone to get where he wants to be in life. In the mean time, other airlines and 135 operators are now PFT. My kid brother went to go get a job flying a King Air 200. The operator has now began charging guys $250 a flight hour to SIT in the right seat.
This is because guys like PCL has told them, that there are pilots out there in this world who pay to have a job.

ironspud said:
So...was there a point in there somewhere?

No change from the other day. Still consider the Go-Jets experience a great one. Will do it again.
Yeah,
You are a clueless assclown, continue whining and sniveling and your fondest dreams will cum true. Sure it was a great experience, you were flown by your equals, assclowns, love each other like no other circus folk, pound on!
PBR
P.S. Go here: http://circusfreaks.dooza.com/?id=48&session_id=1891cc9a5ac7cc3eda0ef7b6b266bffc&referrer=

ironspud said:
Yesterday from ORD to JAX. Great flight. Enthusiastic crews front to back. Clean, new airplane. Even had first class. Superb service. CRJ700.

Crew had to penetrate a squall line and did it with ease (probably flew above it) and kept us all informed. Nice ride, little "light chop" first hour. Left 20 minutes late and got in within 15 minutes of schedule.

GOOOD PRICE!!!

I'm tellin' ya, this is where it's at.

As a consumer...this is where my $$ are going.

Ironspud, this thread is lame and you know it....Are you happy now that you started a post that got more than five people to respond?

GrowASpine said:
PCL has done more damage to this industry than the GJ guys have. This guy has taken the job away from a paid pilot, and offered to PAY the company "X" ammount of money each year to fly that airplane. All so he could move up to another regional that flies Shiny Jets, and pays $18k a year.
But he wants to bash a start up airline, that was non ALPA affliated from the begining, and say that those pilots are bringing down the industry.
PCL is a child, he is a coward. He has no work ethic, he will just pay everyone to get where he wants to be in life. In the mean time, other airlines and 135 operators are now PFT. My kid brother went to go get a job flying a King Air 200. The operator has now began charging guys $250 a flight hour to SIT in the right seat.
This is because guys like PCL has told them, that there are pilots out there in this world who pay to have a job.

This is total crap and total flamebait, but I'm bored so I'll bite. PCL has atoned for his 'PFT sin' as best anybody could, on this board and professionally.

Do you feel the same way about senior XJT, CMR, ASA, or CHQ captains? Because they all PFT'd, too. Are they worse that GJ pilots? Do you volunteer your time to go to flight schools and spread the anti-PFT gospel to aspiring professional pilots, or do you save your incoherient rantings for anonymous internet message boards?

JohnnyP said:
100LL,

So your saying that someone with another couple hundred hours or so of dual given will know so much more about the industry, and in turn will not fly for the current wages and raise the standard for everyone? Ehhh, with all due respect, I dont buy it. The guy with 500hrs and the guy with 1800hrs are going to do the same thing, fly for the same company, fly for the same wages, because they both need a job. I knew plenty of CFI's, banner towers, whatever they may be, that had upwards of 2000hrs or so and would have taken that initial $19/hr regional job when it popped up, just like the 500hr guy, because they had to move on. ( I am not saying the 500hr guy had to "move on", thats just the situation they were presented with). I agree something needs to be done, but the low time of a new hire isnt whats driving down wages, in my opinion. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding you.

It is a question of restricting suppply until wages go up. Look at the nursing field. There is such a terrible shortage that starting pay is very good.

We need to restrict the inflow of pilots using some fair means, and higher hour or skill requirements would be one way.

Yes, we could demand 20/20 vision or some other stupid idea, but there needs to be a fair method of preventing low timers from buying their way in.

I don't know why you folks are getting so worked up over Ironspud. It is obvious that he is just a pissed off ex TWA guy who has a grudge against TSA anyway, and felt that coming to this forum and creating a pro Go-Jet thread would somehow make him feel better about himself and piss all of his TSA enemies off in the process. Why do you give him the pleasure of succeeding?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back