• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Junior Captain at JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't read that but given Robin Hayes familiarity it does make sense. They need JFK and we are JFK.

I haven't read that but given Robin Hayes familiarity it does make sense. They need JFK and we are JFK.

Most realistic thing I've heard is that WN wants us bigtime, once the Tranny crap is done. They've tried to buy us twice before, so it's just a matter of time before they try again.

Southwest wants a piece of the NYC pie, and we offer that. On top of that, all the legacies are praying to God that SWA doesn't get entrenched into JFK. It would kill them.

WN has their eye on long haul international. They need a jumping off point for that, as well as feed for it. An entire terminal at JFK plus the addition of multiple slots at LGA would give them a huge hardon.

If we win this bidding war for the extra slots in LGA and DCA, we'll become even more attractive to someone like AA.

Going to be interesting.

Pot, meet kettle.

GP

Content with mediocrity? You asshat. How is the top 8% in the country mediocrity?

You guys are a dime a dozen. You could make $500K a year for working 6 days a month and you'd still be bitching and whining like a little girl about how you don't work 5 days a month. Get over yourself.

I'm not against improving things at JetBlue. I'm not even against a union. I'd vote for one simply for the merger protection if nothing else. What I am against is whiny, complaining, little bitc-hes that have no concept of the real world, have no idea how to manage their assets and live within their means, and expect everyone else to fix their problems all the while spending every waking moment of their existance trying to figure out ways to NOT go to work.

I've got news for you skippy, you are an AIRLINE PILOT. You have a job that most people in this country would kill for. You work an average of half the month. You don't sit in a cubicle 5 days a week. Unless you are an FO, you work largely unsupervised, and never have to talk to your boss unless you f-ck up. One of my most recent days of work consisted of flying down to UVF, spending 24 hours drinking, eating, and having fun at an all-inclusive resort, and then going home. Oh, and my wife came. Yes, THAT was work. I've got it real tough.

You have no idea what the real world is like. You have no concept of the other 90%. I've been there, I've seen it. I've had a real job. I ultimately chose the pilot profession for a very simple reason: Most amount of money for least amount of work. It's painfully obvious that you would NEVER be happy, no matter what they give you. I've seen too many just like you.......they would bitch at a brick wall just to have something to bitch to.

Do us all a favor and shut the hell up. Take your worthless a$$ somewhere else and bitch there. I don't want to hear it. Improvement is not out of the realm of possibility. I'm not against it at all. I'm just against wastes of humanity such as yourself that sing a pathetic sob story when in reality you have NOTHING to sing about.

As I said earlier, piss off.

I've heard British Airways is very interested in Lufthansa's stake.

But what you say makes sense. The company has tunnel vision when it comes to growth in the Carribbean and is even talking big about getting bigger equipment and going into South America. So my big question is, where in the hell are we going to get the feed for those routes?

Answer: Merger/Acquisition WN or AA or somebody we haven't thought of yet. Just a matter of time.

We are the largest domestic carrier in both BOS and JFK. We have enough feed to support widebody operations, we just need gates/slots/airframes to make it happen.

FLL/MCO is still lacking in feed, but a merger with AA or WN wont improve feed in those two bases consierably. LGB doesnt have the infrastructure to do widebody stuff, LAX is seriously constrained by gate availability.

Last edited:
We are the largest domestic carrier in both BOS and JFK. We have enough feed to support widebody operations, we just need gates/slots/airframes to make it happen.

FLL/MCO is still lacking in feed, but a merger with AA or WN wont improve feed in those two bases consierably. LGB doesnt have the infrastructure to do widebody stuff, LAX is seriously constrained by gate availability.

Actually we aren't that great of an international feed. If you want to go to Florida or Caribbean then possibly. Lufthansa recently stated they were interested in divesting their shares of Jetblue due to United's recovery and its partnership in Star Alliance. In essence our network does not support their structure. Fly 2 hours past JFK and see the rest of the world from ORD.

Last edited:
Actually we aren't that great of an international feed. If you want to go to Florida or Caribbean then possibly. Lufthansa recently stated they were interested in divesting their shares of Jetblue due to United's recovery and its partnership in Star Alliance.

Im curious why we wouldnt be good international feed? We do a considerable amount of service through the northeast and west coast from JFK. I wouldnt discount our Florida/Caribbean destinations either. They are desirable destinations for connecting Europeans as well as domestic pax. What other destinations do you think we are lacking from JFK for int'l feed purposes?

Considering UA bought CO I can understand why LH isnt as focused on JFK as they were previously. EWR is a superhub now for Star Alliance. UA/CO only operate the token flights to their other hubs (ORD/IAD/SFO/DEN/IAH) from JFK

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back