• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JumpSeat Question for ALL crewmembers.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Independence Air takes unlimted JS'ers -- and unfortunately there are always plenty of seats. In the rare occasion of a full flight, you can occupy the FA J/S on the Airbus.

Caveman said:
"We will re-instate offline jumpseats someday soon..."

Three+ years and counting with no end in sight. The only way I'll ever get to ride on a FedEx JS is if my company pays to implement CASS. That isn't going to happen, but you still get to ride on us unlimited and no out of pocket expense to your company. How about FedEx/UPS et al pony up the cash to get everyone online with CASS? Didn't think so......

That wasn't always the case and I truely believe that once our contract is settled things will be different. Managament is holding the jumpseat policy as a bargining chip at the table.

Even though our jumpseat isn't open right now I always receive many thanks from other pilots and FA's for the 75% discount on FedEx shipping with their ID. Saves them a bunch of money, especially during the holidays. It might be a minimal contribution to the industry but at least it is something.

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
Recently from our FedEx ALPA MEC:

Offline Jumpseat Grievance Status: As you know, in February 2002 the Union filed a grievance regarding management's failure to allow offline pilots access to company jumpseats, thereby placing our reciprocal jumpseat agreements in jeopardy and violating Section 26.J. of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Management refused to process this grievance, arguing that it was not a proper subject for negotiations under the Railway Labor Act and that the use of offline jumpseats is not related in any way to our CBA. In response to this, ALPA filed suit in U.S. District Court to force management to process the jumpseat grievance under the terms of our contract. The lower court ruled against the Union, and ALPA appealed that decision to the U.S. Court of Appeals. Briefs have been filed, and the court is scheduled to hear arguments in our appeal on January 10. MEC Chairman, Captain David Webb, will be in attendance at the hearing, and we will keep you informed of any decision in this case.

Thanks sandman for posting that info. I was going to add it myself but I had already deleted it.

Cheers

The following are the airlines that have CASS up and running:

American Airlines (AA)
American Eagle (AA)
Atlas Air (5Y)
Executive Airlines (AA)
Continental Airlines (CO)
JetBlue (B6)
Northwest Airlines (NW)
United Airlines (UA)
United Parcel Service (UP)
Alaska Airlines (AS)
Are you sure about Eagle? I rode on them out of DFW the other day. Out of curiousity I asked if they had CASS up and running. I was told "no".

Yes, Eagle is CASS.

Pilots that don't commute don't seem to know about it.

English said:
Yes, Eagle is CASS.

Pilots that don't commute don't seem to know about it.

It wasn't a pilot I asked. It was the gate agents. What's up with that?

Next time, have them type this in on their computer.

N*PSM/CASS

It tells the gate agent everything they need to know about CASS.

Hi,

FYi everyone. The Ual J/s coordinator just put out a text saying that the company is coming around for unlimited J/s. It is encouraging, hopefully soon we will be able to take many more than is currently allowed.... I certainly look forward to it.

Birdman

unlimited jumpseaters in expressjet.
so far i have got the best treatment from northwest. first class, "would you like to join us for breakfast sir", they treted me like a king. Delta has been great too.

Latest resources

Back