• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like it or not, often times not, the jumpseat is at the captains discretion.

But it should have nothing to do with personal possesion of a union card.

Out-of-touch Don Quixotes with a burr up their bum trying to make a "statement" by denying a reciprocal jumpseat do nothing but make themselves look like the tools that their right-seater already knows they are.

SCR

You can't blame it all on Jetblue. Prior to 9/11 the airline industry was already in a decline. A failed merger between UAL and USAir, AMR lost $500 million in the 2nd quarter of 2001 and that year Jetblue ended with 15 planes and was just a year old-- give me a break, how come you don't bash Spirit for their wages and they even have a union!. Blame your demise on poor managment. Or the way the planets are aligned, I'm tired of your aimless ranting.

Bayou your wasting your time with this crowd. Amazing that no one remembers the state of the industry on Sept. 10th

Airtran only takes one jumpseater for each jumpseat on the plane. We want to take more, but our management won't let us yet. It has to be negotiated, but I'm not taking any form of a paycut to get you an extra seat in the back.

Oh, by the way, NW now has unlimited jumpseating for everyone which matches the rest of the industry. I suspect Airtran will get it too someday. We were the last major to get CASS, I suspect we'll be the last major to allow unlimited jumpseaters.

It used to be unlimited jumpseating at Airtran and we just let management change the policy. They specifically and blatently violated our contract with regards to jumpseat procedures and we let them do it, and whats more, we arn't doing anything about getting it back to the way it should be. The whole industry is progressing forward with regards to unlimited jumpseating and we are stagnant. My apologies to anyone that has to pay the $25.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb:

Imagine the world of hurt NWA would be in if suddenly none of their pilots could commute to work.

A few months back while showing my license to a NWA Captain and trying to get his autograph, his FO asked "is Southwest on our list?". When I looked at him (FO) he then asked "are you ALPA?" - "I said NO, is that a problem?"

So since then any NWA guy I see on our jumpseat, I ask them "are you SWAPA?" - most have no idea what I'm talking about.

Hi Guys,

On behalf of the pilot group, I want to appologize for any inconviences this tool caused.

Not that it is any excuse, but the group has been under a lot of pressure just recently. Management has come right out and said that they are going to disregard certain parts of the contract.

On top of that, we have another set of pilots conspiring with management to take what little there is left from the junior pilots in the way of retirement.

The good news is that there is now an unlimited jumpseat policy that just went into effect. It will be a few weeks until it filters down to everyone, so please be patient.

The bad news is that the battle royal between bluebook and redbook might get really bad (seems like the greenbook guys are sitting this one out). NWA is not a pleasant place right now, and it's going to get much, much worse.

Nu

You paid the company to sit in the right seat as an FO with Gulfstream, and now fly for PNCL and you have the audacity to lecture JetBlue pilots? Amazing.......

This coming from a scumbag who bought his job at asa, turned around, sued alpa for a slot at a mainline job because he was too unqualified to get hired the right way!
John, shouldn't you be busy sending more money to Haber? Spring time's coming around and his pool needs retiling!
TOOL!

They may have to hear me b!tch about transcon turns or cabin cleaning for a minute or two before I sign the form, but they always get a ride.

You know, you are such a sad tool. I have given rides to your fellow airmen from that pay for training outfit you called an airline and I never gave them crap. So why don't you grow the fark up!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back