• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, it's called a reciprocal jumpseat agreement! I don't care what you think about JB lowering the bar; must you look no further than Legacy Management and the pilots who allowed their collective bargaining agreements to disappear by capitulating to their demands-- don't blame JB for that! Additionally, what honor do you have when you sign an agreement and your troops don't live by their word. JB has lived up to its side of the contract. I weep no tears for you at all, if you can't even live up to this simple agreement, how do you expect your managers to live up to your contracts? One word for you, dishonorable.

BTW, we carry many of NWA flight attendants from FL up to NYC, but I guess that doesn't matter to the pilot corps. They can care less about them and the maintainers or that little sit-down of baggage handlers they had a few months ago.

Look dude, this is a circular arguement, the retort to which is that the legacies had to give back due to wage pressure from bar-lowerers. No pension, crappy pay, now code-sharing with foreign carriers...not a good recipe. Nobody wins this arguement, but everybody thinks they did. BTW, I've never denied a j/s or will I ever to a non-scab, sober, non-a$$hole.

I agree, however we don't want to go down the road of taking the JS authority out of the hands of the Captain either.

Frankly it would not bother me if JB was banned from all ALPA JS's. Not from a personal standpoint against the pilots, but because much of the damage to the industry was inflicted as a result of the (at the time) lowered bar by JB.

From a NWA perspective none of our bases are in LGA, FLL, or JFK. Other than leisure travel none of our pilots use JB to go to work. On the other had we are providing thier pilots a free ride to work in order to allow JB to compete against us.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb:

Do you commute?

But then in a few years, when there are a lot of Skybus pilots, you'll see threads just like this with Skybus guys wondering why legacy pilots don't like them.

First off, they will know why they are not liked.
Second, if they do not have an agreement, they cannot complain.
Third, refer to the first.

How bout the damage the 'commuters' have inflicted... 18 bucks an hour for a FO... feeding mainline... look at your own house there mister... oh.. and nwa just bought indie's ticket ....walla... compas.... what they gonna pay mister? I bet anything it will be less than any JB pilot with worse work rules. Please...

fly4 hire.. get off your little damage inflicted soapbox. please.

Not to defend starting jumpseat wars, but we need to know if IB6 shows up on a scab list, works for Hojets, was wearing an earing (or nose ring), or didn't ask politely. I'm betting none of these are the case, but we need to know before condemning the NW cpt.

You are correct, none of those are the case. If I'm not mistaken, he was the one with the card.

People just need to blame someone else for their problems. JB is the convienent whipping boy. I am still waiting for an adequate explanation how a small domestic startup brought a global airline like NWA down. They voted on the new contract after all.

Don't be so myopic. You like the idea of denying rides to Compass guys as well fly4? At least be consistent.

You are correct, none of those are the case. If I'm not mistaken, he was the one with the card.

Now I'm confused. The guy with the ALPA card was denied? Boy am I glad to be a freight dog when this stuff starts up.

I agree, however we don't want to go down the road of taking the JS authority out of the hands of the Captain either.

Frankly it would not bother me if JB was banned from all ALPA JS's. Not from a personal standpoint against the pilots, but because much of the damage to the industry was inflicted as a result of the (at the time) lowered bar by JB.

From a NWA perspective none of our bases are in LGA, FLL, or JFK. Other than leisure travel none of our pilots use JB to go to work. On the other had we are providing thier pilots a free ride to work in order to allow JB to compete against us.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb:

Coming from a picket line crossing scab like you I take your opinion and stick it up your A@@.

Can I get an exception to number three after I do it a few times...I'm stuck in your post and can't get out.

NOW THAT IS PURE COMEDIC GENIUS.

I was stuck as well...

Latest resources

Back