Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IB6 UB9

I don't Remember
02-05-07...LGA-MSP, Northwest, had to be 80 to 100 seats open. Two of us going home, Captain denied one of us because one of us didn't have an ALPA card. I am amazed this crap is still going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think contacting your jumpseat coordinator is the way to go, not posting identifying information here!

I think contacting your jumpseat coordinator is the way to go, not posting identifying information here!

I disagree. Post it here so we can all see what airlines are not allowing fellow pilots to jumpseat. I know it's "just a few rouge pilots", but someone needs to put their foot down and put a stop to this. By only contacting their jumpseat coordinator this behavior is not as widely known as it should be.

I disagree. Post it here so we can all see what airlines are not allowing fellow pilots to jumpseat. I know it's "just a few rouge pilots", but someone needs to put their foot down and put a stop to this. By only contacting their jumpseat coordinator this behavior is not as widely known as it should be.

Yes, it is just a few rogue pilots, but when you contact your J/S coordinator, he will contact the other airline's J/S coordinator, and that person will hopefully pull some weight. They have commuters who might just need a ride on your airline someday. Not to mention a few furloughees who might need a job.

Posting here might be a good way to vent, but not a good way to get anything done to fix a problem. Contact your jumpseat coordinator.

Meanwhile, one denial does not constitute a trend. We've all been there.

Is it that you didn't have a card, or you aren't a member of ALPA?

What does that matter? If you work for Skywest or JetBlue (both non-ALPA) and your company has an agreement with another company, who cares about ALPA. I carried jumpseaters for 17 years, and NEVER asked to see an ALPA card (or medical). I have been asked for these on UAL.

Latest resources

Back